Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt in progress

This is a King size Quilt in progress, that I am making for one of my three grandchildren. I plan on making a different one for each of them so they will have it as a Wedding Gift from me. Thank God they are young yet. 9,7,5. So I have time. But I am not getting any younger. Did the big Medicare thingie last September, so I had better get busy

:) Barbara from Wisconsin
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a thing for blue I like it very much and the grankids will love having a keepsake from you. I also did the medicare thing in Sept. I have 7 grands to get busy doing for 12, 9 8, 5, 4 2 and 9 months

Barb -
    I love the pattern, it's on that I don't think I've ever seen. What's it called and where did you find it?
    Karen

What a beautiful quilt!! And the dog is cute too!! LOL I am also curious about the pattern! Would love to know what that is called!

I love your quilt I want to make ever quilt I sew I have made over 100 quilts but I give them a way I make one and some one come a long like it I give it to them NEVA

Love your Quilt. I to have a thing for blue. I just love that color. But your quilt is very pretty.

Karen
    The Quilt pattern came from the book "More Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts by Pam Bono designs. It is called Pinwheels, an updated version of the traditional Drunkard's Path.

Oh shoot! I have her first book but don't have this one! Guess I need to go shopping! Thanks! :D

Love this quilt. But of course blue is my favorite color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barb V
    I plan on making a different one for each of them so they will have it as a Wedding Gift from me.
    My grandmother did this... she made my brother's quilts when they were young and mine before my mother was even expecting me! Barb

well I'm another blue lover and your dog looks kin to mine.I made all my grands baby quilts and am now making their kids (that they don't have yet) baby quilts. We're all such thoughtful grandmothers.
    kathy

Oh but its so great being a granmother. And any excuse to make a quilt is fine with me.

I love being a GM I made baby quilds I made them big so they culd use them longer now some are grown so they want big quilt I have so many it hart to keep up NEVA

How gorgeous! Those shades of blue work so well together, it makes the whole quilt sparkle. Thanks for sharing the pattern name with us. It's a winner!

What a beautiful quilt. Your grandkids are so lucky. I should plan ahead. Thanks for the heads up! :lol: Be sure to share your other quilts with us.

I love your *quilt inspector!* Funny how they know when there's a quilt on the floor needing to be checked out. I don't care where our cat is if there's a quilt on the floor he comes running! He takes his job seriouly! :D

Living the dream. Part of the year in the east and part of the year in the west
    Beautiful quilt. Lucky grandchildren!!

I just logged on this site and had to chuckle when I saw that Tricky had pulled up an old post of mine from LAST January.

Would you believe I am just about finished with this quilt. In the past year I made 4 wall hangings and started the second quilt. Yellow Brick Road. 6 rows are quilted on the YBR. This Blue and White one has one more side to be quilted for the wide border, then have the binding attached. I promise to post a picture of the finished project. There is so much hand stitching on it, that it is very heavy to work on. BUT, I will finish. I am hand stitching the YBR, BUT not so heavily. :P

Nice work! Haven't seen that pattern before. My grandmother made and stockpiled numerous scrappy Double Wedding ring quilts to give to her grandchildren as wedding gifts. As I never married, I never got one! :(

bj
    I love your quilt. The blues are so soft and welcoming.

Such a pretty quilt!! Almost done huh? Cool beans, we can get an update photo soon :D

Blog Entries
    Great idea about making them their quilts in advance