Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt Top - Vertigo >

Quilt Top - Vertigo

Quilt Top - Vertigo

Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 AM

Oooooo!

I just found a quilt that was made with this pattern and wanted to try it. Is there a pattern for this I can get?

I assume this is the same pattern at the pics below? I just ordered 4 honey buns of 30's fabric to do this!! :)

Quilt Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240000[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239994.png  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 AM

WOW!!! What a gorgeous scrappy quilt!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 AM

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops's Avatar

Originally Posted by miholmes
Oooooo!

I just found a quilt that was made with this pattern and wanted to try it. Is there a pattern for this I can get?

I assume this is the same pattern at the pics below? I just ordered 4 honey buns of 30's fabric to do this!! :)
It looks like this block, yes. I don't recall that I had a pattern - it's just an octagon with strip pieced wedges. I used 1.5 inch strips except for the last two toward the middle one is smaller and one larger. I would think if you looked up "Spiderweb" block in the internet you'd come up with a pattern. I don't know - how wide are the strips in a honey bun?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops
Oooooo!

It looks like this block, yes. I don't recall that I had a pattern - it's just an octagon with strip pieced wedges. I used 1.5 inch strips except for the last two toward the middle one is smaller and one larger. I would think if you looked up "Spiderweb" block in the internet you'd come up with a pattern. I don't know - how wide are the strips in a honey bun?
They are 1.5 inches. So they should work for the stripes. You mean do a block...WITHOUT a pattern....ALL by MYSELF....and the block isn't just squares....that's just plain CRAZY talk!

But after seeing your quilt I think you've inspired me! :P
Old 08-11-2011, 08:41 AM

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops's Avatar

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops
Oooooo!

They are 1.5 inches. So they should work for the stripes. You mean do a block...WITHOUT a pattern....ALL by MYSELF....and the block isn't just squares....that's just plain CRAZY talk!

But after seeing your quilt I think you've inspired me! :P
Ha! Made me laugh! Sometimes, working on your own is easier because if something doesn't turn out the way you expected it to, you can say "Oh, I changed my original design idea!" Can't tell you how many times I've changed my original design idea :)
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Beautiful!