Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilt as you go circles >

Quilt as you go circles

Quilt as you go circles

Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Actually you can sew all around your circle and cut a small slice {where the fold will be sewn down} then turn it through that hole the circle will be smooth. Also, you don't even need batting, the weight of the fabric is enough, I think.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175320.jpe   attachment-175321.jpe  
Old 03-26-2011, 01:39 PM

I think someone has a pattern out there and refers to this as as easy double wedding ring. Not sure but I think I saw this on Kaye's Quilting program. It might be in the archives. Have not had a chance to look it up yet.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:48 PM

I think if you copy and paste this link, it should take you to a tutorial called rings that bind. If it doesn't just go to Kaye Wood's site and along the top there should be a line to select Kaye's tips, applique, wearable art, quilts and wall hangings (that's the one you want) then click on rings that bind. Hope this helps.

http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv/index....ink=true&chn=6
Old 03-26-2011, 02:03 PM

I used no batting in my test
Old 03-26-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tootsie
Here's something very similar that could easily be adapted to non-jeans material:

http://www.equilters.com/library/jea...gallbaros.html
This is the tute I used for my daughters "Peace, Love & Denim" quilt last summer. Very easy to follow and lots of fun to make. It could easily be adapted to non-denim fabs as well, even adding some very thin batting would work. The hardest part, for me, was finding enough thread to sew down the flaps. Went thru 4 spools of variagated pastels and ended up using another spool and a half of random pinks. I couldn't find any more of the variagated pastels in town! Because of that "issue", it did take me 3 months to actually finish the quilt. But it was a huge hit at cheer camp and made DD so proud of her mama. ^_^

Peace, Love & Denim
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175389[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175383.jpe  
Old 03-26-2011, 02:27 PM

just make a yoyo to put at the center of the flower.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:45 AM

I half made one of these. I used batting, and regret it. The quilt is sooo heavy. that's why I never finished it.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:49 AM

How unique. I looked at it for some time and then a light bulb went off, OH, I think I have it fugured out. Love this idea and thank you for sharing it.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by PJisChaos
Originally Posted by Tootsie
Here's something very similar that could easily be adapted to non-jeans material:

http://www.equilters.com/library/jea...gallbaros.html
This is the tute I used for my daughters "Peace, Love & Denim" quilt last summer. Very easy to follow and lots of fun to make. It could easily be adapted to non-denim fabs as well, even adding some very thin batting would work. The hardest part, for me, was finding enough thread to sew down the flaps. Went thru 4 spools of variagated pastels and ended up using another spool and a half of random pinks. I couldn't find any more of the variagated pastels in town! Because of that "issue", it did take me 3 months to actually finish the quilt. But it was a huge hit at cheer camp and made DD so proud of her mama. ^_^
I made one like this also, but not as ornate and no batting, for sure. Mine was all variations of denim with red bandana fabric in the center. I used $15 worth of red thread before I was done. Never took a pic of it but will when I get it moved over here from the farm. Enjoyed seeing yours, it is very decorative.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Vat

Did one once and started with a four patch for one side, then cut it into a circle, topped it with another circle and stitched. Turned out GREAT.