Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilted Grocery Bag Dispenser >

Quilted Grocery Bag Dispenser

Quilted Grocery Bag Dispenser

Old 07-03-2009, 03:16 AM

Jerrie--how cute!! Did you make up the pattern or did you buy one? I want to make one of these too!!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
The Irish Govt. brought in a tax on plastic grocery bags a few years ago, to cut down on rubbish, so we hardly have enough to fill one of your lovely bags. We either buy long lasting bags for groceries now, and take them with us, or sometimes make our own. No one wants to pay the tax when they get to the check out. It has certainly made a difference to the generaly rubbish in towns and countryside though.
Our government hasn't quite caught up with yours yet, but several of the large grocery chains have started charging for each plastic bag you use, which has the same effect of encouraging people to bring their own re-usable bags, or at least use less bags!

Jan
Old 07-03-2009, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ai731
The Irish Govt. brought in a tax on plastic grocery bags a few years ago, to cut down on rubbish, so we hardly have enough to fill one of your lovely bags. We either buy long lasting bags for groceries now, and take them with us, or sometimes make our own. No one wants to pay the tax when they get to the check out. It has certainly made a difference to the generaly rubbish in towns and countryside though.
Our government hasn't quite caught up with yours yet, but several of the large grocery chains have started charging for each plastic bag you use, which has the same effect of encouraging people to bring their own re-usable bags, or at least use less bags!

Jan
I always used to recycle my supermarket bags to line my pedal bins, and now I have to buy them instead. Someone in the UK had bags made up in the far east, for shoppers to buy. The had ' I am not a plastic bag' written on them, and were a big hit. I made my own version:

This is the reverse.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39329[/ATTACH]

My version, rather than buy a bag imported from the far east.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39332[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39329.jpe   attachment-39332.jpe  
Old 07-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Sorry, Jerry,
I didn't mean to hijack your post. I do like your bag holder, especially as you have pieced it rather than just using one piece of fabric. And it's a really cheerful colour, which might prompt others in the family to use it!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Both of the items shown here are really cute!

I hate plastic bags, but when they won't give them to us anymore what in the world will I clean out the cat boxes with??? :roll:
Old 07-03-2009, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

We now have to buy rolls of plastic bin liner bags.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:03 AM

Jerrie..your bag is really nice!
That's the BEST one I have seen. Most of the ones I see are one piece and a bit on the ugly side, but yours is really pretty!
Great job!

Originally Posted by sandpat
Both of the items shown here are really cute!

I hate plastic bags, but when they won't give them to us anymore what in the world will I clean out the cat boxes with??? :roll:
I agree Patti.
Growing up and even when we lived in GA, we used the regular clay stuff. I would just chuck the contents into the woods every couple days. Now with the scoopable, I use the plastic grocery bags (the commissary LOVES using them..put one item in, bag if full, they think)
Guess I'd have to go back to using Baggies like we do when traveling with the "kids" if they decide to tax here too.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Banned

great job........ and very useful too. :D
Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Jerrie--how cute!! Did you make up the pattern or did you buy one? I want to make one of these too!!
I just looked at one and made it I had my own business and design gowns so looking at it making it was not hard
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 PM

Sorry, Jerry,
I didn't mean to hijack your post. I do like your bag holder, especially as you have pieced it rather than just using one piece of fabric. And it's a really cheerful colour, which might prompt others in the family to use it!
Oh no problem i understand and good idea also i use my bags several ways and no tax yet on them My daughter work at walmart and she bring some home and this is what u get to put your things in