Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilters Cache

DJ
    That really sounds and looks like fun! Are you making them all the same size or just using ones that especially appeal to you? They have so many to choose from. You'll be busy forever!

Your doing a great job on all the blocks. Thats a great idea to mix them up. How many are you going to do total?
    :thumbup:

I don't know if I will every put it together. Right now it is just to practice and learn. I feel like I actually have something acomplished when I get one of these done vs. doing a lap quilt with all basic squares and never feeling like it is anything special. I have a couple of those started, but they are just not interesting enough. My hope is to keep doing one block at a time - and I think I will keep it consistant with a color and white. Maybe some day I will find one I like enough to make a whole quilt with. Until then - block by blcok!

I just finsished the green one. By far the worst one I have done so far. I don't think I got any point to line up, it is not square at all, and looks a bit crocked in the middle! I showed my DH and DD and they said it looked good. I think they were being nice, but I also know them well enough that if they noticed all the problems I did - they would not be shy about telling me!

I can't get the green one added. I will try again later :) My computer has been acting up. :)

Blog Entries
    Love your blocks! Great Job!

I love your dragonfly fabric! Who makes it?

Add sashings & you could turn these coordinating ones into small pillows, or sew them all together for a lap quilt. Play with them once you get a few done to see what placement you like. Practice will give you more confident & I think you're making great progress.

I am not sure Grinster. I got it as a reminence (sp) at Joannes so there was no info. They do have this on bolts in different colors - I will take a look next time I go. :)

Finally - the green one
    Name:  Attachment-44485.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  53.1 KB

Ok, one more for today. The picture does not do it justice. I had to do another after that attempt at the green! :)

Pink and white Antique Tile Block
    Name:  Attachment-44493.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  41.7 KB

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i think you're doing a great job. your blocks are pretty & just think what you are learning! and what you could DO with what you made! one block IS enough unless you really really like it! keep up the great work!

Your having fun later you have fun putting them together

:-D Very nice job! You are probably ready to do a BOM. Find an easy one. There are loads of frree ones on the Internet.
    judee

Being new to quilting I like to also make blocks before I start on a new project to see how I like it and how it goes together for me. I do pick fabrics that compliment each other and when I'm done I finish it just like you would a quilt. I have made blocks from 8" to 15" and keep some and give the others to my sister. We hang them in our sewing rooms.

I too get bored making the same block over and over. At least if I am using the same block pattern, the fabrics are different, usually. Right now I'm finishing up a quilt made from pieced circles. Each circle is 8 diamond pieced sections (11 pieces each) and 16 pie shaped pieced sections (8 pieces each). That's 216 pieces in each circle! I've 2 diamonds left to make. Then add background and put it all together.

I did that once-- made about 25 blocks using not all the same colors or fabrics. Then laid them out, rejecting any that just stuck out too much (actually, I removed all of the red/green ones that were from christmas fabric). I used a black print sashing all around and it turned out beautiful! So, you have the beginnings of a sampler quilt.

nice blocks and a good idea to make different blocks..practice makes perfect..and you learn something new each time you make a block... :thumbup:

Isn't that what sampler quilts are made out of? A bunch of different blocks? Sounds like a plan to me!

No way I could just make blocks and never finish them into a quilt. Glad you can if that is what you want to do.

Blog Entries
    I love the first one.....1930 bock

Alll are nice

Never ask for your husbands oppinon, he will likely give it.

Blessings,

Sharon
    On the third husband

Quote Originally Posted by summerstorm
    Never ask for your husbands oppinon, he will likely give it.

Blessings,

Sharon
    On the third husband
    ROTFLMAO :!:

Quote Originally Posted by cminor
    I have decided that because I can't seem to stick to anything is that I will just make blocks and maybe some day put them together. My husband thinks I am a nut - but I really do like to make the blocks. Just not 12 or 15 of the same block.

Here is the one I did today.
    Do a sampler quilt. That is wat I am doing now. Pick a neutral for the background and then 3 or 4 colors. ( you can use all the shades of the colors if you want.) That way it will be unified and since each block is different you won't get bored. Just make sure you use the neurtal in each block.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    those are all nice, maybe you could make them in the same color family, and then when you have enough made you could put them together and make a sampler quilt. Penny

I understand what you are feeling. Maybe you can find someone else that likes to do the rest and make quilts for each other.

Blog Entries
    That sounds like fun, creating different blocks. You certainly wouldn't get bored! Have fun! Dani

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast