Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilter's Tools Take-Along >

Quilter's Tools Take-Along

Quilter's Tools Take-Along

Old 07-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Would you consider doing a tutorial for us beginners :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

well .... err .... ummmm ... the tutorials i do here are free. how am i supposed to respond? :lol:

here's the deal, though. i couldn't charge the suggested $8 for this pattern without making sure there were step by step photos and instructions. anything less would be a ripoff. (don't you hate forking out $$$ for patterns that don't really help you figure out how to make the quilt?) soooooo ... if i don't now feel guilty enough to show you fer nuthin', you can be sure i'll leave no stone unturned in making sure it's worth waaaaaaaaaaay more than the price.

does that sound fair?

P.S. i forgot to answer kathy's question. the pocket on this one is 15.5" x 21". a 12x24 mat would fit, but stick out a few inches. i couldn't decide whether or not to make it deep enough to hide a 24" mat. a user like me would forget the mat was in there. you wouldn't believe how often i spend hours looking for something i've "hidden" in plain site! :lol: :roll:

Old 07-29-2009, 02:15 PM

Patrice -- your offer sounds more than fair to me!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
well .... err .... ummmm ... the tutorials i do here are free. how am i supposed to respond? :lol:

here's the deal, though. i couldn't charge the suggested $8 for this pattern without making sure there were step by step photos and instructions. anything less would be a ripoff. (don't you hate forking out $$$ for patterns that don't really help you figure out how to make the quilt?) soooooo ... if i don't now feel guilty enough to show you fer nuthin', you can be sure i'll leave no stone unturned in making sure it's worth waaaaaaaaaaay more than the price.

does that sound fair?

P.S. i forgot to answer kathy's question. the pocket on this one is 15.5" x 21". a 12x24 mat would fit, but stick out a few inches. i couldn't decide whether or not to make it deep enough to hide a 24" mat. a user like me would forget the mat was in there. you wouldn't believe how often i spend hours looking for something i've "hidden" in plain site! :lol: :roll:
I m happy to pay for the pattern ofcourse its just since i m so new at this i d need help to be able to make it :wink:

and by the way, ur really sweet for saying u think its a rip off without step by step photos, i mean see what others charge and they dont even write a line more than they abselutely need too.

So it sounds more than fair :wink:
Old 07-29-2009, 07:12 PM

I am not aware of a cutting mat that is 12x24 ...
But! I do have a 12x18, and I would be able to put my twenty-four" x 6 ruler in there ... or a good sized square ruler for rotary cutting.
SO, I am asking that when you have the pattern ready for sale that you just post the market addy on this thread. Is that doable?
I don't spend a lot of time looking at even recent topics, and I am scared to DEATH to go anywhere near that place that they are selling things!
I do NOT window shop ... it is a very bad form of undisciplined personhood, but that is me. I will be watching <G>