Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Quilting Board takes on Shipshewana, IN >
  • Quilting Board takes on Shipshewana, IN

• Quilting Board takes on Shipshewana, IN

Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM

You all look like you had a blast. I was in Shipshewana last week on a camping trip, went to 6 different quilt stores in Northern Indiana. Love it. Loved Lolly's---did you guys go downstairs at Lolly's??? Lots of sales down there, and the fabric is great quality!!!!!
    Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
    You all look like you had a blast. I was in Shipshewana last week on a camping trip, went to 6 different quilt stores in Northern Indiana. Love it. Loved Lolly's---did you guys go downstairs at Lolly's??? Lots of sales down there, and the fabric is great quality!!!!!
    We did go to the basement at Lolly's. That is where we had to hold Hanna's Mom back when she wanted to dive into the boat of fat quarters. Honestly, I dared her to get in and sit on the seat so we could take her picture, but I think she didn't want to risk it showing up on facebook one day so she wouldn't do it. Boy we looked at so many FQ's. That was one of the best parts of our trip. The lady that worked there were especially nice too. She gave us a list of different quiting shops and fabric stores to check out. Yep! Lots of fun.
    Old 06-24-2010, 11:45 AM

Oh yes I was great fun!! we all laughed and loved looking at all the great fabrics! Seeing all the beautiful quilts and the fabrics!! oh my! The weather was great for us to make our trip. Loll'y was pricey but such a beautiful store! If I make this trip again I will have to save up for it. this time I was not prepared for the all the things I saw!!
    Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 PM

22 members of out local quilt guild are going to Ohio Amish country next Tuesday. We can hardly wait!! Hope we have as much fun as you apparently did!
    Old 06-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Did you girls go out to the convention center for the quilt show that was there? They had 156 quilts hanging on display and you could vote for the ones you thought were the best.
    I took 115 photo's of quilts before my battery ran down.
    This was the second annual quilt festival and they have next years on June 22-25 ,2011 put it on the calender so you don't forget.
    My cousin and I went down and we met some gals that were on a tour bus from Canada. It was great fun....
    Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM
    Power Poster

What a lovely way to share.
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 AM
    cka

I was there just yesterday! I love Shipsy! I get my wallet in so much trouble! DH gave me a reminder...Shipshewana can be expensive; have a good time. (Chuckle). I loved the quilt show. I learned some new stuff too. So glad you have fun.
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by cka
    I was there just yesterday! I love Shipsy! I get my wallet in so much trouble! DH gave me a reminder...Shipshewana can be expensive; have a good time. (Chuckle). I loved the quilt show. I learned some new stuff too. So glad you have fun.
    Did you see Eleanor Burns?
    Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 AM

Where are you from in Michigan?
    Old 06-25-2010, 12:23 PM

How fun, it looks like you all had a great time. Lolly's looks like a great quilt story also!
    I met Pat G. from Az. just this week. She is here on vacation and we had a great visit.
    Muriel
    Alaska