Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilting Room/Area >

Quilting Room/Area

Quilting Room/Area

Old 09-14-2010, 12:19 PM

Thanks, now I know never to bring the laptop into the sewing room, even though I got the new laptop for the Electric Quilt 7 program and it has to do with quilting I still prefer to save my sewing space for sewing. BTW your pictures look fine to me.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 PM

I have the SAME cabinet and the SAME machine...LOL :thumbup: :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104622.jpe  
Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by DebinNY
I have the SAME cabinet and the SAME machine...LOL :thumbup: :D
How cool is that?!! We're twins. :)
Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 PM

No you're not alone on this one. I have been using my dining room table for months now and everyone is eating in front of the tv on coffee tables or in their lap. I really wished I had a designated room because my closets aren't big enough and it's where I store the batting and finished quilts or projects. When my machine is not being used I keep it in my bathroom on a bookcase covered up so my grandchildren won't knock it down. They don't come in my bathroom so I know it's safe there. My 7' x 6" bookcase holds all my pojects, magazines and fabric. Somehow it's still not enough because I have to pull it all out every time I sew and put it back when I am done. In fact, my kids help with the set up so I have energy to sew. Fibromyalgia keeps me exhausted.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
What a great idea. I ahve a designated sewing room which was bedroom #2 but my kids are grown and gone. BUT....I sew in teh Living room, dining room, wherever I want. Mostly in my sewing room but DH likes me around just to be able to see me. LOL.
My sweetie likes to have me nearby so I try not to stay in my sewing/quilting room ALL the time. I will often bring my machine out to the dining room table and work there. It's just a small round table so it makes things a little tight, but we enjoy being together so I have no problem doing that. :wink:
Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by vjengels
I used to have to quilt on the kitchen table, the counter top was where I stored my fabric etc; we ate on the couch. I pieced and quilted 12 quilts that 1st year.... LOL!!!!! I used the Flynn quilt system , my ex made the rails 10 foot long; I would have to quilt out over the kitchen sink out the window on one end, and thru the doorway into the living room on the other end. If you wanted to go to the bathroom, you had to crawl under the quilting! BTW that house was a total of 500 sq. ft. When I finally bought a house in 2000, that was non-negotiable.... I was getting a sewing room! It's actually smaller than the kitchen at the old place, only 9x9, but it's a dedicated space... and I can pack 10 lbs of sh** into a 3 lb bag no problem!!!!!!!
Visualizing your space really gave me a chuckle!! :lol: :lol: I would have loved seeing your quilting rail sticking out the window!! :lol: :lol: Have to say, though, that you were creative in making good use of what you had! :thumbup:
Old 09-18-2010, 08:14 PM

I have a sewing room, it was here when we bought the house! My friends love it and so do I
Old 09-18-2010, 08:58 PM

I don't have a room yet. I sew in the kitchen. I have 3 sewing machines and only keep one out, 2 sergers that are packed up in closets, I've got a huge bool cabinet that I keep all my stuff in that's in the kitchen. I've also got bins EVERYWHERE!!! They are in every closet and I've got like 15 bins in the garage. Pretty soon I will be turning my attached garage into a hobby room for me. Who needs a garage anyways????? That's just a waste of space...lol. :):):)