Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilting and smocking for a new baby >

Quilting and smocking for a new baby

Quilting and smocking for a new baby

Old 01-27-2024, 08:29 AM

Default Quilting and smocking for a new baby

We got the best Christmas gift ever: an announcement by our daughter they were expecting their third, a girl, after two boys now 6 and 3. She is turning 40 in June and expecting early July. They had genetic testing and all is well, and she is now 16 weeks along. I found a baby quilt pattern I like called Buttercup by Tilda, and it was free. I also had a pastel print jelly roll and a white on white jelly roll which made it perfect. The backing will be baby pink minkee.

I was kind of pressed for time as I was in the midst of working on a "hug" quilt for a friend diagnosed with colon cancer and my knee replacement scheduled for Feb. 13th was moved it up to Monday, the 29th of Jan. so haven't gotten too far yet, but here is my progress thus far.

I also dug out my smocking stash, that hasn't seen the light of day for probably 12 yrs, and started smocking at night while
my husband and I watch TV. I finished the dress last night.
.tilda-buttercup-quilt-pattern.jpg4-inch-blocks-buttercup.jpg3-mo-smocked-dress.jpgsmocked-bonnet.jpg

Last edited by EmiliasNana; 01-27-2024 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add pictures
Old 01-27-2024, 08:45 AM

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Wishing Mom and baby all the best! Your smocking is beautiful. It is something I have always admired but never learned to do. The baby quilt pattern is really nice. I can see it done in bright spring colours with green sashing. I love patterns that easily lend themselves to multiple sizes.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well with your surgery. Take your pain meds and do the exercises. That is the most important thing!
Old 01-27-2024, 09:26 AM

Your smocking is so delicate. Good news to have your knee replacement date moved forward, instead of delayed.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:43 AM

I haven't smocked in a long time either, but your set is beautiful. Congratulations on a new granddaughter. Granddaughters are in short supply here too.-lol
Old 01-28-2024, 01:19 PM

The buttercup pattern is adorable! Thanks for sharing. Your smocking is amazing and so well done. Congratulations to you and your family on a new baby girl! How exciting!
Old 01-30-2024, 03:38 AM

Congrats on your GD on the way. The Buttercup pattern will be adorable. Your blocks are lovely.

Wow...the smocking looks amazing!
Old 01-31-2024, 04:35 AM

That little dress is adorable. And you are amazing to get everything done so fast! Congratulations on the new babe…
Old 02-01-2024, 07:29 AM

Congrats on new baby girl! Baby gown is beautiful and love the tilda patterns . It is so fun making things for babies. Have fun with new baby girl .