Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilts from me...finally!!! >

Quilts from me...finally!!!

Quilts from me...finally!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Now I know what you do during those Alaskan winters!! You are one prolific quilter! The stars quilt took my breath away!! They are all so nice...I love the colors you have used! Thank you for sharing with us!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
Old 04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

All are sooo Gorgeous, I have lots of favorites but, can't remember the names, you do a wonderful job and so good putting colors together. Good for you.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Alaska Sunshine,

WOW!! :thumbup: All of your quilts are spectacular!! :D I don't know how I missed seeing your post, back in August, but I just have to tell you how beautiful they all are!! :D It would be so hard to pick a favorite one, but I do love the purple lilac one, with the birds. I have that same lilac fabric just waiting for an idea of how to make a quilt out of it & I love what you have done!! :D Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Now I know what you do during those Alaskan winters!! You are one prolific quilter! The stars quilt took my breath away!! They are all so nice...I love the colors you have used! Thank you for sharing with us!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
Ditter, You are right it is the LONG winters! Thanks for the sweet things you said about my work :-D The stars took me far longer than I thought it would take. I got the pattern from the front of a magazine forever ago. When I started to make it I realized it was for a tiny little wall hanging. But I loved it so much I asked a lady for suggestions. She said give me 30 minutes and i'll tell you everything you need to know to make it a king size quilt. She was amazing and did all the math in her head. I told her to quit working at the quilt shop and write quilt books. If not for her the quilt would never have been made! I love it too and am forever grateful to her!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:40 PM

All are wonderful! Love the bright, fresh Cindi Lu!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Can I just say...OMG!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! You're my new hero!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
All are sooo Gorgeous, I have lots of favorites but, can't remember the names, you do a wonderful job and so good putting colors together. Good for you.
I still really love your "Saitboat" quilt. :lol: You know what I mean huh?!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:33 PM

beautiful each and eveery one, wow
Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Alaska Sunshine,

WOW!! :thumbup: All of your quilts are spectacular!! :D I don't know how I missed seeing your post, back in August, but I just have to tell you how beautiful they all are!! :D It would be so hard to pick a favorite one, but I do love the purple lilac one, with the birds. I have that same lilac fabric just waiting for an idea of how to make a quilt out of it & I love what you have done!! :D Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D
Thanks so much Sulabug for your very kind words. I really loved that bird fabric. When I saw it in a quilt shop in Anchorage I was buzzing with excitment. I called my husband and squeeled "OH honey do you mind if I buy this adorable fabric? It is so gorgeous. He laughed and laughed. He laughed because I called him on his pager and told him I was in a quilt shop and it was an emergency. He said," buy what you like honey" I bought a bunch ;-)
Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM

All of your quilts are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing. They are an inspiration and so are you.