Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'Quilty Pleasures' RR >

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

Old 07-09-2012, 06:00 AM

I am moved in! I just got Internet (after five weeks of trying to get them to get it done). I didn't realize moving out to the mountains (in a tiny little community that doesn't even have a grocery store or a gas station) would make getting Internet so difficult. This week I am going to be setting up my "studio" in my garage and then I will be sewing up a storm! Thank you all for your patience. (These last six months have been quite trying, with the divorce and the move). I purchased the coordinating fabrics for both the tops I have and am looking forward to getting back to my sewing machines.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 AM

I just saw a picture of my center (with the rounds). That looks fabulous! I am so excited. I was nervous about my color choices, but you ladies have done just amazing.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Welcome home!!!

I live in a remote area as well, and have had to connect to satellite for my internet. Not quite so fast as what people get in the cities, but keeps me connected with the big, bad world. Now, if only I could figure something out to get cell phone service. ****sigh****
Old 07-09-2012, 04:34 PM

Misty: I am glad that you are settled! I'm happy that you came through these last trying months. This is a whole new beginning for you and the children. You are definitely worth the wait!! Take care!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM

I love it especially the flowers they seem to shine and also love the birdhouses. Good job. Sue
Old 07-14-2012, 07:32 PM

I will be a little behind on getting out the next round, as I still have not found which box my pedals are in. I have to go out of town for the next two days, but will be back on Tuesday and am making it a top priority. I hope to have both rounds done and mailed out together by Friday.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie View Post
I will be a little behind on getting out the next round, as I still have not found which box my pedals are in. I have to go out of town for the next two days, but will be back on Tuesday and am making it a top priority. I hope to have both rounds done and mailed out together by Friday.
Misty: Don't stress!! I think we all have things going on this summer. Have a safe trip!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM

very nicely done
Old 07-16-2012, 05:11 AM

Abonda: Here is your snowman. I am sorry that it took me so long. I have been "BUSY" canning green beans, picking and canning tomatoes, putting up bread and butter pickles and kosher dill pickles, butter beans, silver queen corn, peach preserves and oh yes.... boiled peanuts. Whew!!!! I still have pomegranite jelly and canning a bushel of peanuts and still some more peach preserves to do. Anyway, I was going to add snowflakes all over the border, but my husband, daughter and son-in-law told me it would be too busy and to just leave it like this. I hope you like it.

I will be sending it on to Barbara in Canada. Hopefully it will go out today.

Blessings!
Carole
Attached Thumbnails p1170572.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 07:10 AM

Almost looks like Christmas in July! Those snowflakes are gorgeous.

The snowman is going to have to hang out here for a while as we leave at the beginning of August for basically the rest of the month, then it's back to work for me. I'm going to use him as a reason to haunt the quilting shops along the way. LOL I look forward to meeting him in person, as my mind is already gurgling with ideas.

With no IRR to work on, I'm sure flying through my other quilting projects. Summer is my quilting season.