Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The ragged flannel is done, wrapped and ready to go

Blog Entries
    I've never ragged an entire quilt in one day, but there's a first for everything. :wink:

Here's Caley and Justin's wedding quilt (Sept 13th) and a wall hanging to celebrate their new home. Caley is a horse nut (like me), but doesn't have a horse now. I thought this might help to fill the hole in her heart until she gets a real one. :D

Wall hanging. I've had it done for a month, but sewed the hanging sleeve on today.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g?t=1220798875[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a beautiful quilt! I am sure she'll love the wallhanging too!

Karla

Love the wall hanging, and she will also. I have to do a rag quilt some time. They look so comfy. You did that in one day :shock: You amaze me. My friend says she could never do the rag look because she is too much of a perfectionist and would only be able to look at the back side. :lol:

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Both your quilts are stunning!! The colors in your ragged quilt are awesome and beautiful. It truly gives the 'feel' of autumn! I love it!! Did you do the machine quilting on your wallhanging? If so, you did a great job! Congrats on a job well done.

The quilt turned out great! The wallhanging is the cutest. You make the prettiet barn quilts. :D

Blog Entries
    Tari--oh no--I just ragged it in one day--I didn't make it in one day. I've had the squares cut for months, then the batting, then finally quilted them between craft sale items. I posted the lay out a while ago--and I finished sewing the squares together Friday night. Then I ragged it in one direction yesterday morning. Then after we bought kayaks, I ragged the other half last night. Then I wet and dried it this morning. Phew! :D

Dorothy--I DID do the quilting on the wall hanging! I'm so proud of it. 8) Thanks!

Love the fall quilt - back as nice as the front!! The wall hanging will sure be appreciated by a horse lover.

Gorgeous quilts! You do such nice work Karla. I'm sure the couple will treasure your beautiful gifts.

Great job as usual Karla!! I LOVE the fall fabrics!! It came out sooo good! Not that I had any doubts it would from your initial post! :D :lol: 8)

Karla-your rag quilt is yummy!!! It makes me want the weather to be cooler Fall days and to snuggle right under. What a wonderful wedding gift-they are going to LOVE it. The wallhanging to great too-you are such a thoughtful friend!!

Beautiful! I am doing a rag quilt now, and this is inspiring! thanks for sharing.

judee

Both are great! I love the rag quilt fabrics :) where did you find those?

Banned
    those are great - love the colors of the rag quilt and the wall hanging is really nice..

OMG Karla--that is beautiful! I want to come and crawl under it. I have never made a rag quilt but after seeing yours, I WANT IT!! :D

I think she'll adore the wall hanging too.

The quilt turned out beautiful!! Great job. Cute wall hanging too! I have only done 1 flannel rag quilt, do you have special scissors for clipping all the selvedges? My hands got so tired when I clipped mine!

Izy
    The are both beautiful Karla, I love the autumn fabrics, I bet your hands are sore after all that snipping, are you going to wash it to fluff it all up before you give it to the happy couple??

Karla they are gorgeous. Love the fall colors.

A beautiful quilt and wallhanging, I bet she'll love them!

Great job! Love the fabrics.

Blog Entries
    This is one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen. Color, style, size
    You have excited me to do more than rag bags. might just try this??
    After all the other projects I have lined up
    Thank you for sharing :wink:

Blog Entries
    Tigerbaby--I found all of those flannels at a Mennonite shop near me. I only have some of two left--the small leaves is called Autumn Leaves by northcott, and the darkest green is called Christmas something.. by Thimbleberry.

Tari--my grandmother always liked the back of these best too. :lol:

quiltwoman--I first saw one of these on the back of a chair at my quilter's house. After feeling how soft and cozy it was I knew I HAD to make one. I've made... hmm..let me count... at least 12 now--mostly to give away. I have the first one I made for myself--my practice one.

Izy--surprisingly my hand wasn't sore at all. I remember the first one I ragged--I could do only 2 rows before I had to take a break. I don't know what made the difference. Maybe the scissors?

Also--rather than wash the whole thing, I spray both sides well with water and put it in the dryer to get it to rag. I already did it--before I took the photo. It will rag more with each washing.

salisaquilter--I wrote out the measurements for the one I do (there are a myriad of options) and saved it, so I can send it to you when you reach this project, if you wish. :D

Karla....as always...GORGEOUS!
    Great job!

Love the fabrics in your rag quilt--makes me wish it would get colder soon (I'm in California, so that probably won't happen!) Your quilting on the barn quilt is super!

Did you hear me gasp? Boy those are so pretty!

How the heck did you rag one side and not the other?

You are such a "giving" person, Karla. Great quilt. Cool wallhanging. Wonderful!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast