Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Re: latest project, D9P...update >

Re: latest project, D9P...update

Re: latest project, D9P...update

Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Just make sure that if you're using the stripe for the binding that you cut it on the bias to give you diagonal stripes. Otherwise it won't line up well unless it's done absolutely perfect. It takes more fabric to make bias binding, and more care when attaching that it doesn't stretch. But the diagonal stripe gives you yet-another option!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:36 AM
BMP

I like option 1....
Old 12-29-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I like #2. The flame fabric would probably be the better choice for the back but not as a border.
I was thinking the samething on that.

UPDATE!!!! I found 3 more yards of the multi flower one....YEAH!!!..Now I should have enough
Old 12-29-2010, 07:38 PM

I am going to put my 2cents in. What about a solid inner border next to the main quilt, then the 2 prints and solid binding. The photos seem to me to have a lot of patterns fighting with the main quilt. Of course, I am a plain person and sometimes lack the vision some of the talented quilters on here.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by annieshane
I am going to put my 2cents in. What about a solid inner border next to the main quilt, then the 2 prints and solid binding. The photos seem to me to have a lot of patterns fighting with the main quilt. Of course, I am a plain person and sometimes lack the vision some of the talented quilters on here.
I'm thinking along these lines also. Maybe a black first border, (a resting zone for the eye), then the fractured petals and the black and white wiggly lines. Then a plain binding. I'm not diggin' the flame print. Too many different patterns. Could use it on the back with the plain binding. You're in the driver's seat here, so just suggestions.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM

I like #3 best.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 PM

I have been thinking about it.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom
I'm thinking along these lines also. Maybe a black first border, (a resting zone for the eye), then the fractured petals and the black and white wiggly lines. Then a plain binding. I'm not diggin' the flame print. Too many different patterns. Could use it on the back with the plain binding. You're in the driver's seat here, so just suggestions.
Suggestions are what I am looking for. The flames will go on the back, I think the solid black is a good idea. Maybe all the patterns is why I am having a problem deceiding.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 PM

That makes 3 on the solid black 1st border (wouldn't take much for a 1"-2" inner border). That is exactly what I had invisioned when Boxer Mom 1st mentioned an inner border. I like the solid inner borders because they seem to frame the quilt before the outer border is added. It's an "eye" thing.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 PM

P.S. Regardless of what you decide, I think this is going to be an awesome quilt and hope you share a pic of the finished quilt with us.