Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 122

Thread: Is it real?

  1. #1
    Senior Member AprilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Haslet, TX
    Posts
    363
    This is a picture of my newest baby. The dog is Picasso my Jack Russell/Pit Bull BIG baby. He is harmless. The baby is actually a doll that I made. She is a vinyl blank from Secrist dolls. I painted her and hand rooted her hair and eyelashes. Her name is sparrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Moderator Up North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    6,502
    Oh my goodness that doll is adorable!! Do you have a link for the parts?

  3. #3
    Super Member Airwick156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Posts
    3,558
    Blog Entries
    6
    That is a cool looking doll. If you wouldn't have said it was a doll, I would have thought it was a real baby. And the dog is so cute too.

  4. #4
    Super Member sewmuchmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,996
    Blog Entries
    1
    You are pulling my leg. :shock: It looks like a real baby. Better not leave that in your car, they might take you to the pokie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  5. #5
    Super Member magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,075
    Looks so real. Beautiful work.

  6. #6
    Senior Member AprilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Haslet, TX
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Oh my goodness that doll is adorable!! Do you have a link for the parts?
    WWW.secrist.com has everything you will need. You can also buy a kit with DVD instructions from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure if the brushes are with the kit. Secrist has a full kit with DVD's, brushes, paint, doll parts, diaper, clothes, glue, hair, rooting tool, pre-sewn body, tie-wraps, paint pallette, and more. Everything you need. I really enjoyed making this doll. If you want to start small and less expensive, they have a 6" kit for about $50.00. Everything included. Check them out.

  7. #7
    Senior Member AprilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Haslet, TX
    Posts
    363
    No Joke! The police were called and tried to jimmie my window to open the car! The lady who called the police had a red face. I was quite pleased that she looked so real!

    Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    You are pulling my leg. :shock: It looks like a real baby. Better not leave that in your car, they might take you to the pokie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,726
    It loooks soooo real.

  9. #9
    Super Member btiny36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Heart of grain field
    Posts
    1,791
    Blog Entries
    4
    Awwwwww sooooo adorable

  10. #10
    Super Member BrendaY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,846
    Blog Entries
    9
    Beautiful reborn baby doll......I'm a doll lover, too...

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    8,592
    Blog Entries
    14
    Oh man! Even tho lady was embarrassed at least she called!! She does look real! Cute fur baby too!!

  12. #12
    Moderator Up North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    6,502
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilG
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Oh my goodness that doll is adorable!! Do you have a link for the parts?
    WWW.secrist.com has everything you will need. You can also buy a kit with DVD instructions from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure if the brushes are with the kit. Secrist has a full kit with DVD's, brushes, paint, doll parts, diaper, clothes, glue, hair, rooting tool, pre-sewn body, tie-wraps, paint pallette, and more. Everything you need. I really enjoyed making this doll. If you want to start small and less expensive, they have a 6" kit for about $50.00. Everything included. Check them out.
    I could not find anyplace to order on that link.

  13. #13
    QM
    QM is offline
    Power Poster QM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Northern California mountains
    Posts
    12,542
    Amazing.

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,805
    She truely looks life like!!!

    Kat

  15. #15
    Super Member karenm36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gonzales, Tx
    Posts
    1,751
    It's amazing how life like she is! Beautiful.

  16. #16
    Super Member Sandee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    middle America
    Posts
    2,848
    Blog Entries
    71
    I thought it was a real baby! Still don't believe it's a doll.................

  17. #17
    Senior Member coloradosky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    795
    I looked at the picture and asked "Where's the doll?" Beautiful job.

  18. #18
    Super Member rosiewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Benicia, Ca
    Posts
    2,082
    How beautiful!

  19. #19
    Senior Member janell2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    419
    wow... I would have said it is real

  20. #20
    Senior Member AprilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Haslet, TX
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilG
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Oh my goodness that doll is adorable!! Do you have a link for the parts?
    WWW.secrist.com has everything you will need. You can also buy a kit with DVD instructions from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure if the brushes are with the kit. Secrist has a full kit with DVD's, brushes, paint, doll parts, diaper, clothes, glue, hair, rooting tool, pre-sewn body, tie-wraps, paint pallette, and more. Everything you need. I really enjoyed making this doll. If you want to start small and less expensive, they have a 6" kit for about $50.00. Everything included. Check them out.
    I could not find anyplace to order on that link.
    Sorry, Mybad! the link is www.secristdolls.com

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    484
    Sure is beautiful, she is so real looking!

  22. #22
    Super Member ScrapQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,113
    Could have fooled me......... thought it was a for real baby.
    Cool......... I love her and the dog isn't bad either. Or isn't he real either...lol

  23. #23
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,480
    It looks so real.

  24. #24
    Super Member Carron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    desert area of California
    Posts
    2,266
    Nice work!

  25. #25
    Super Member Country1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    2,476
    OMG!!!! Looks so real, you are VERY talented!
    Would love to be able to make one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.