Recycled quilt blocks  made into a lap quilt >

Recycled quilt blocks made into a lap quilt

Recycled quilt blocks made into a lap quilt

Old 05-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

I really like it too!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Very pretty! You did a great job. I love the quilting too!
amen!

Ditter
Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 AM

Great job :!:
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 AM

You mean you hand embroidered the design on the 'back'. You had to have a quilt frame to hold the quilt. Is there tutorials on how to do this embroidery, because all I do is tie the quilt and than sew along side the blocks through the three pieces and that comes up with a squared off or whatever design on the backside. Of course, my quilts are family gifts so whatever I do has to do .... for lack of room to have a huge quilting frame here.

The quilt is a lovely quilt. I done a few quilts for an order from old dresses and blouses that a guy had stored and wanted to do something with as they were his mother's clothes and it's a memory quilt.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 AM

I am now parked near the Sacramento River and where the Feather River come together. Just North of Nicoluas. I know where Elk Grove is located. Cold here this morning 45 degrees.

That is a beautiful top. Do you free motion quilt? I am hoping to take lessons at the "Sew Sew Shop" in Marysville.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by cmsmith46580
You mean you hand embroidered the design on the 'back'. You had to have a quilt frame to hold the quilt. Is there tutorials on how to do this embroidery, because all I do is tie the quilt and than sew along side the blocks through the three pieces and that comes up with a squared off or whatever design on the backside. Of course, my quilts are family gifts so whatever I do has to do .... for lack of room to have a huge quilting frame here.

The quilt is a lovely quilt. I done a few quilts for an order from old dresses and blouses that a guy had stored and wanted to do something with as they were his mother's clothes and it's a memory quilt.
No, I mean it's hooped and the feathers were machine embroidered. I did do the FMQ myself on my machine, but the feather designs are a straight from the machine. I hoop the quilt, position the design and it stitches out:> Sewing machines with embroidery capability are awesome! I just showed the backing as the quilting is more visible. Next time I'm going to try 40 or 30wt. thread as the feathers don't "pop" as much as I'd like on the front of the quilt.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by crafterbarbara
I am now parked near the Sacramento River and where the Feather River come together. Just North of Nicoluas. I know where Elk Grove is located. Cold here this morning 45 degrees.

That is a beautiful top. Do you free motion quilt? I am hoping to take lessons at the "Sew Sew Shop" in Marysville.
Yes, I like to FMQ. It sounds like your parked at a nice spot. I bet it's pretty scenic. I think it will be high 70's maybe even hit 80 today, so perfect weather! I've never been to the Sew Sew shop. Is it a quilt store?? If so, I'll have to drop by some day. Marysville is probably an hour drive for me, so I don't get there often.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 AM

Sew Sew is on D St. It has been there for over 45 years. They have classes on knitting, crochet, sewing and of course quilting.
Really great paper piecing class I took several years ago. A sitting room where you can bring a project, meet with others and receive assistance if you want. Or just a place to visit.

Our son put in a full hookup spot for us here when he built his home 9 years ago. It is really nice for mom and dad to come and visit. We are full time travelers, try to come at least once a year.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 AM

THis store sells fabric, then? Uh oh :>
Old 05-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Banned

I think you did a beautiful thing..giving this quilt life!