Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Redwork Birds >

Redwork Birds

Redwork Birds

Old 06-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

Default Redwork Birds

This one is for the golf tournament auction this October. I am hoping to get many more items finished to help the diabetic kids support. Hubby is still the president of the organization here and asked me to help out this year. So, it begins.

I had these 12 red work blocks and wanted to use them for a hanging, so I raided the stash and came up with this design. I hope it suits someone's fancy. I used the last two on the back so none would be left after it was finished.

So, here is the quilt, the back and a close up. Not very good pics but I hope you can get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails p1020202.jpg   p1020203.jpg   p1020207.jpg  
Old 06-11-2020, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, Red! Hope it raises lots of money for such a great cause.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:06 PM

Those birds are just beautiful. I am sure that one will bring in lots of money for your charity. I recognize the fabric you used for your backing. Had a bunch from that line :-)
Old 06-11-2020, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Lovely quilt! Did you stitch the red work out by hand or machine? Very pretty blocks!
Old 06-11-2020, 12:17 PM

That's gorgeous, Red. I hope it brings in lots of money for the cause.

Rob
Old 06-11-2020, 12:25 PM

It should suit anyone's fancy. It is beautiful! I love the redbirds and none seem to be repeated. I may have just one of the designs, but I have to ask if they were a set? I like the fabrics, too and no one could have done a better job, for such a cause. Let us know the results from the auction. I once donated to a cause and was very pleased with the outcome. I went, just to see. I had told my husband if they went cheap, I'd buy them back! I didn't need to-lol-I'd wish you good luck, but you won't need it!-Toogie
Old 06-11-2020, 01:12 PM

Beautiful quilt! Love the birds, and love the way you took two simple blocks and made such a stunning quilt!
Old 06-11-2020, 01:15 PM

Your red-work is fantastic! The perfection of each piece it ideal! This quilt is so beautiful. All the detail breathes life into each selection. Thanks for sharing this exquisite work of art.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

I bought the set of twelve birds off E Bay about seven months ago. Best I can remember. They were very reasonable. So, why not? I know how long it takes to stitch them out on the machine, so I figured why not support a fellow quilter? The person used two layers of cut away stabilizer and that was a pain to remove, but, no matter, the stitching was lovely.
Thanks so much for all the nice comments, girls. I just hope it sells well.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:00 PM

Oh, that would suit my fancy & someone is going to get a gorgeous quilt. I hope it brings hundreds & hundreds of dollars at the auction to help the kids. You did an outstanding job on it (as you do on all your quilts!). It's totally beautiful!!!