Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reform Hoarder

I woke up with help from a very good friend, I traded cutting her 5 acre lot, to Hoarder help. The sewing room was too over whelming for me. so from 6am-9:30 p.m. it is all done. I threw out 8 bags of material I haven;'t touch in years. I am so happy, I know I will not need it, and everything is off the floor, I got 30 bins and pd $3.00 a pc. a very good investment, and they are some what color coded.

Before
    Name:  Attachment-247813.jpe
Views: 94
Size:  104.5 KB

after
    Name:  Attachment-247814.jpe
Views: 57
Size:  64.9 KB

after
    Name:  Attachment-247815.jpe
Views: 57
Size:  47.3 KB

That looks awesome and a great trade.

I woke up with help from a very good friend, I traded cutting her 5 acre lot, to Hoarder help. The sewing room was too over whelming for me. So from 6am-9:30 p.m. it is almost done. I threw out 8 bags of material I haven;'t touch in years. I am so happy, I know I will not need it, and everything is off the floor, I got 30 bins and pd $3.00 a pc. a very good investment, and the material is some what color coded. I am 90% done.

where are my pics.

Blog Entries
    Yeah! Bet you feel great!!!

Did you preview before posting the pics? If so, they won't show up. You have to just post them without previewing.

Blog Entries
    very nice job, now let the creating flow.

I woke up with help from a very good friend, I traded cutting her 5 acre lot, to Hoarder help. The sewing room was too over whelming for me. So from 6am-9:30 p.m. it is almost done. I threw out 8 bags of material I haven;'t touch in years. I am so happy, I know I will not need it, and everything is off the floor, I got 30 bins and pd $3.00 a pc. a very good investment, and the material is some what color coded. I am 90% done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good job!!!!

Looking swell!!! :D

Congrats, but I hope you didn't actually trash that fabric. This is your third identical post with slightly different titles, maybe you don't see them posted. Go to "my topics", you'll see them all.

Great job. I couldn't trash my fabric. I love it too much :)

Sounds and looks like you got a great trade! IF it ever gets that way again I heard you should set an alarm for like 20-30 min. or whatever you want and work at it that long then when alarm goes off you're free of that task for that day. Do it everyday that way till you're done. It does make it less overwhelming and you don't feel like it will take you all day and night.

Awesome job. I bet you feel better to have it all straightened up!!!

Blog Entries
    A hard day's work well appreciated, good job

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    How did you ever get rid of any fabric? I have trouble tossing a small piece in the trash. No kidding. My stash looks great, but I sure need help finding my work table. Could you send your friend?

Blog Entries
    There is a floor after all, good job

Good for you. Finding another home for fabric we will never use is still not easy.

the "after" room looks great-show us some work now :-D

Looks great!

Blog Entries
    Good for you Tinker! I know how good I feel about organizing my fabric cabinet the other day. Took me just about as long as yours did! Considering you organized an entire room, you've accomplished a great deal and must feel wonderful every time you peak in your sewing room!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Tots
    I love your new set up, but can't believe you threw out the fabric. You should have donated it to your local guild where they would use it to make charity quilts.

For instance Q.U.I.L.T.S. of Schenectady, NY does donation quilts for Wounded Veterans and Northeast Kids and parents. We except and use all donations and whatever we can't use, every other year sell at our "Boutique" at our quilt show to earn money to send monetary donations to differerent charities.

Looks great though, do you want to do mine? I've been working on it all summer and it still hard to move around in there. The only thing is nothing that can be used goes into the trash, it goes to charities or my guild.

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like the way you used the bins...

I forgot to give you the link to our Guild, http://quiltschenectady.org/, there is a video telling about the soldier quilts and so much more.

I also forgot to say that I won last years "Raffle Quilt" and it was so beautiful. The person who machine appliqued it Lois Bena is also is my Guild's subgroup, Chatty Quilters. She is such a sweetheart! I joined the Guild the next month!

I've met the other designers and people who worked on the quilt but haven't had a chance to really chat with them.
    All the info is in the link! They are a wonderful group of people!

How exciting, Looks great! I bet you can't wait to sew in such a well organized space

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast