Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ribbon from quilt show >

Ribbon from quilt show

Ribbon from quilt show

Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM

Congratulations on a quilt well done!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Congratulations on your beautiful quilt. Could you make another one to give. You didn't expect this to win and it would be nice if you could keep it. I'm a very giving person but doubt I could give a winner up but would happily put in the time and expense to duplicate it as closely as possible and give to the promised person. I'm sure they'd understand.

I'm finishing up a quilt that I believe stands a good chance to place and because of that, won't enter it into the quilt show because I know beyond a doubt my daughter in law would treasure the quilt which is for her youngest daughter and would NEVER allow my granddaughter to use or enjoy that "special" quilt if it would place. Since this quilt was made specifically for her, I'm not taking the chance as it's important to me that my children and grandchildren treasure my quilts by enjoying them to the fullest and I mean using them. They tell me they feel my love in them every time they use one and those are my blue ribbon quilts.

Give it some thought. You could always put it in your will that it will go to that person or survivors once your gone but I definitely would make another one and keep this one. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 PM

I was going to ask, but just couldn't. It was made for a friend to celebrate the fact that he didn't die from cancer (and has been cancer-free for almost two years now...woo hoo!!!!). I know he will take care of it. I did warn him, however, that he better not go on vacation and expect me to keep an eye on the house!!! LOL!! I have pictures of it, both under construction and hanging with the award, so that's really enough. I have plans to applique the ribbon to a background and then frame it and hang it in my sewing room. Thank you for your kind words.
Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Congratulations on your beautiful quilt. Could you make another one to give. You didn't expect this to win and it would be nice if you could keep it. I'm a very giving person but doubt I could give a winner up but would happily put in the time and expense to duplicate it as closely as possible and give to the promised person. I'm sure they'd understand.

I'm finishing up a quilt that I believe stands a good chance to place and because of that, won't enter it into the quilt show because I know beyond a doubt my daughter in law would treasure the quilt which is for her youngest daughter and would NEVER allow my granddaughter to use or enjoy that "special" quilt if it would place. Since this quilt was made specifically for her, I'm not taking the chance as it's important to me that my children and grandchildren treasure my quilts by enjoying them to the fullest and I mean using them. They tell me they feel my love in them every time they use one and those are my blue ribbon quilts.

Give it some thought. You could always put it in your will that it will go to that person or survivors once your gone but I definitely would make another one and keep this one. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:48 PM

I agree with you totally under those circumstances. He will be so honored to get your special quilt. That truly is a labor of love and hope that he will feel every time he looks at your quilt or uses it. It definitely will be treasured and may even be worn out and that's just fine. Guess this win is God's reward to you for doing a kind and generous deed without greed. Bless you.
Hugs
Patty

Originally Posted by meemersmom
I was going to ask, but just couldn't. It was made for a friend to celebrate the fact that he didn't die from cancer (and has been cancer-free for almost two years now...woo hoo!!!!). I know he will take care of it. I did warn him, however, that he better not go on vacation and expect me to keep an eye on the house!!! LOL!! I have pictures of it, both under construction and hanging with the award, so that's really enough. I have plans to applique the ribbon to a background and then frame it and hang it in my sewing room. Thank you for your kind words.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:13 PM

Thanks for making me cry!! Happy tears, though. It does make me feel good to know that some little thing I've made can make someone else feel good and safe and warm.
I agree with you totally under those circumstances. He will be so honored to get your special quilt. That truly is a labor of love and hope that he will feel every time he looks at your quilt or uses it. It definitely will be treasured and may even be worn out and that's just fine. Guess this win is God's reward to you for doing a kind and generous deed without greed. Bless you.
Hugs
Patty

Originally Posted by meemersmom

Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 PM

Beautiful!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM

very pertty
Old 04-29-2010, 02:59 PM

Congrats!! It's just beautiful. Make another one, then you won't be sad!! :-D
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM

Congratulations! The quilt is beautiful and the story that goes with it is inspiring! Bless your thoughtfulness!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Sorry to make you cry but happy tears are good tears. You are doing a very special thing and giving a very precious and priceless gift. Congratulations on your win and oh yes, make sure you have a very good photo of the quilt and the ribbon in place on it but you'll always carry a special warmth in your heart for this gift of love. Love is priceless!