Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roosting in My Rings Mini and Pattern

Quote Originally Posted by MollieSue
    I love it!!! :D :D
    I love all your little minis, could you post a picture showing them all together?
    Thank you, Diana! Yes, everyone will get to see a picture of my "many minis" quilt when finished! Maybe we'll just call it that! ha.ha. At this point, I think it will be many minis! Thank you for loving my minis! :wink:

Thank you RedGarnet222 for the nice words! Thank you, Bevanger! Glad you like it. There's more to come. This next one I'll post today or tomorrow is a "wow" one. :wink: :wink:

These are so very nice. The birds look so happy. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mimee4
    These are so very nice. The birds look so happy. :-)
    Thank you, mimee! Those birds are so happy in my little rings and I'm happy they stayed :lol: :lol: :lol:

now you must be one of my soul-mates......I love quilting, but these minis just make me happy, I love the challenge........

Quote Originally Posted by FAYE
    now you must be one of my soul-mates......I love quilting, but these minis just make me happy, I love the challenge........
    We must be twins! I sure love the challenge too and wondered if I could do a DWR and keep it all straight :wink: Yes, they sure bring lots of joy :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are beautiful and your idea sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by kd124
    They are beautiful and your idea sounds great.
    Thank you soooo much kd124! So glad you like it!!!!

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    really cute! great job! :D

Quote Originally Posted by pennyswings
    really cute! great job! :D
    Thank you so much, pennyswings! Love your signature, btw! Avatar is very nice too! :lol: :-) :wink:

You are welcome, you deserve the kudos. Thanks about the saying.
    The avatar was my first quilt.

You are welcome, you deserve the kudos. Thanks about the saying.
    The avatar was my first quilt.
    WOW, for your first quilt - you did great! :wink: :wink:

Thank you for the compliment. That was 3 years ago. I was staying with my sister in Ithaca, NY and never sewed before. She taught me to sew that year and my first project was to make matching Christmas PJ's for my 3 grandsons for Christmas out of flannel. Then I made them each a polar fleece blanket and finally I made the quilt for my DS and DDIL for that same Christmas. It was a memory quilt with pictures of all of us having fun and matched the colors in their bedroom, queen size too! I am a brave soul. I machine quilted the middle and hand quilted a design of flowers and leaves on the border to match the print on one of the fabrics in the quilt. They loved it. I have been quilting ever since.
    Just thought you might like to hear the story.

Just thought you might like to hear the story.
    I'm so glad you told me the whole story! Wow, when you learn something, you really go for it!!! haha Did your sis teach you to applique too or did it just come naturally? What a busy Christmas for you that year! What a difference the whole story makes!! I love the idea of the quilt matching the BR decor! That's right up my alley too! Bless God, you are a BRAVE soul!! Bet they will treasure that heirloom forever! It is never too late to learn something! Look at Grandma Moses and what she accomplished in her 90's! :wink:

I am glad you enjoyed the story. No my sister did not teach me to applique, that I taught myself. Yes it was a busy Christmas that year and also last year. I made a quilt for each of my grandsons with pillow shams to match. They are somewhere in my thread if you want to take a look. They were so much fun to do and the boys loved them. They wanted to sleep with them but my DDIL did not want them to ruin them. I guess I will have to make them each a scrappy quilt to lay around on. LOL

That is just an adorable little block!! And so very tiny!! I love it! :D

I am glad you enjoyed the story. No my sister did not teach me to applique, that I taught myself. Yes it was a busy Christmas that year and also last year. I made a quilt for each of my grandsons with pillow shams to match. They are somewhere in my thread if you want to take a look. They were so much fun to do and the boys loved them. They wanted to sleep with them but my DDIL did not want them to ruin them. I guess I will have to make them each a scrappy quilt to lay around on. LOL
    I checked out your topics you posted and saw the pillow shams! They are sooo cute. The last one w/the bugs is the best I think and so very cute! Everyone else seemed to like them too. Sure bet the boys went crazy over them! Dancing Dino was cute too and great job on the three! I did take a look at Dresden Hearts. Your beautiful fabric really adds much to that pattern. Your DDIL needs to let the boys have their quilts. Life is far too short to keep those quilts "nice and tidy". Let them have them now while they are young and enjoy it most!!! Make them a scrap quilt they can then "roughhouse" with. That should make eveyone happy then! haha! :-) :-) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    That is just an adorable little block!! And so very tiny!! I love it! :D
    Thank you, soooo much, sewjoyce! Yes, they are so tiny but it was fun to do for a change!! :-) :-)

Blog Entries
    n2--I missed this one--wouldn't it be a great wedding gift quilt, done in Christmas fabrics to enjoy every year at the Holidays. HMMMM....When i get home I need to copy this one to my computer!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    n2--I missed this one--wouldn't it be a great wedding gift quilt, done in Christmas fabrics to enjoy every year at the Holidays. HMMMM....When i get home I need to copy this one to my computer!
    G, you have grreat ideas!!! A wedding gift quilt would be ideal -- i never thought of that! ohhhh, and Xmas. fabs......ohhh I would love that! I think I should have left the birds out of the quilt, but they would have been heartbroken. You know I have a tame male cardinal who seems to keep getting closer and closer to me when I give him his peanuts or peanut butter! He comes when I call him or I come when I hear him with their fabulous chirp!! Do you have any tame wild birds? You have tame cows, right? lol. Thanks, G, for copying my pattern. Please post or PM when you get it done. I love DWR!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    Have always wanted to do a micro mini DWR so I drew up the size I wanted for the rings and then made my pattern piece. My fine feathered friends were checking it out and decided to stay! This top will become part of a quilt of all minis. Hope you enjoy it!
    How cute n2!!! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by danmar
    Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
    Have always wanted to do a micro mini DWR so I drew up the size I wanted for the rings and then made my pattern piece. My fine feathered friends were checking it out and decided to stay! This top will become part of a quilt of all minis. Hope you enjoy it!
    How cute n2!!! Great work!
    Thank you, Marilyn!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the mini quilt! Those birds look quite content to stay where they are. Nice job!

Adorable! Like the little birds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa
    Love the mini quilt! Those birds look quite content to stay where they are. Nice job!
    They are happy in those rings!! haha. Thank you, Mariposa!!

:-D :-D ;) ;) :lol: ;) Also, welcome to the board from VA!! You will LOVE all you learn and see here!! :-D :-D

Quote Originally Posted by annette1952
    Adorable! Like the little birds!
    Thank you, annette, so very much! You can tell I love birds!! and minis too!! :-D ;) :wink: :lol: :roll:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast