Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures

Just another case of "great minds think alike"

Judith - I know what I am going to do with your center when it arrives! Just want to make sure the colors match.
    Gena - Mine will be in tomorrow's mail to you. Good luck. Actually, I have no clue what I would do next with my center.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Paula, I've actually been looking at some things today for yours, have a few ideas but won't really know until I see it in person. After looking at it for a few days I'm sure it will come to me. I'll probably change my mind several times before I decide anyway. lol I can't wait to see it!!
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Blog Entries
    Paula, I'm going to try to get mine out to you tomorrow. But, I will let you know for sure. My cocker spaniel had surgery a couple of days ago. She's doing well. But, her bandage change is tomorrow. And I will take my mom to run errands tomorrow. So, I will try to incorporate a trip to the P.O. also.

I get to work on Nancy's first. And I don't have a clue what I'm going to do yet. I like to look and feel before I decide what direction I want to head in. I'm getting excited tho. I always get such inspiration from the fabrics and style used also.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I can be patient as I have a DQ to finish first so no rush if you don't make the PO tomorrow. I hope your fur baby will get a good report when the bandage is removed.

I am a graph paper gal - I have already drawn out the centers that Judith and Nancy posted. I copy them and then play on paper until I get a feel for what I want to do. When I decide - most of the math is already done because of the graph paper. :-)
    Paula

I love playing on graph paper too, and I think it will be a fun exercise to take your centers and see what I come up with to add. It will be fun to compare my ideas to what you all do.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    I can be patient as I have a DQ to finish first so no rush if you don't make the PO tomorrow. I hope your fur baby will get a good report when the bandage is removed.

I am a graph paper gal - I have already drawn out the centers that Judith and Nancy posted. I copy them and then play on paper until I get a feel for what I want to do. When I decide - most of the math is already done because of the graph paper. :-)
    I wish I knew how to use graph paper. I hear alot of people talking about using it. Is it easy to use? I'm not very good with the math part of sewing Sounds like graph paper would help me out alot. If you get a chance maybe you could email me and explain how it works if it's not to much trouble. Give me a little tutorial on using graph paper.
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Blog Entries
    Me Too. I'd love to get the concept too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewhappy30 View Post
    I wish I knew how to use graph paper. I hear alot of people talking about using it. Is it easy to use? I'm not very good with the math part of sewing Sounds like graph paper would help me out alot. If you get a chance maybe you could email me and explain how it works if it's not to much trouble. Give me a little tutorial on using graph paper.

Just wonderful ladies, great job and thank you for sharing, can't wait to see them finished.
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    I love playing on graph paper too, and I think it will be a fun exercise to take your centers and see what I come up with to add. It will be fun to compare my ideas to what you all do.
    So, show us a picture of what you come up with!! I'm not a graph paper person, but I should be, as I can see how helpful it would be. I might try my hand at it yet!
    jillnjo

OK, when I get home tonight I will email you a picture of what I did with Judith's with a little chat about how I do it.
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    Me Too. I'd love to get the concept too.
    I'd like to see the tutorial on graph paper use too!!

Haven't mailed my center as yet. Need to take it to the post office, but not sure if we are going into town today (11 miles from us). Sorry I'm getting my out late!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Karen, I will include you on the email
    Paula

Blog Entries
    Jillnjo, I got your beautiful center. I think I know what I'm going to do. I am going to place an order for fabric today that I think will compliment your pretty center.

Dragonfly Nana, I mailed off my center to you today. Coco's bandage change went well. We go back again in a couple of days for another one.

Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Mailed my center today to tam...moo.

Can't wait to get the graph paper email from you Paula. I already have some graph paper ready to get started, hope I have the right size.
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Very beautiful centers. I'd love to join a round robin someday, but I am new to quilting and get nervous about my border not doing the quilt justice.

Paula, if you would, I'd like your e-mail sent my way,please!! Thanks.

Wow, Judith, I just sent that Saturday. Have fun!

Today has been so gorgeous and mild-low 80's and sunny. I have my windows open, listening to the outside sounds. Makes me happy and ready to quilt!
    jillnjo

jillnjo, did not mean to make you think I would not email you as well.
    wildyard - I will cc you too. Thanks for the interest
    Off to work on the mail.
    Paula

OK ladies,( sewhappy30, yaya, jillnjo, and wild yard) I sent the email. Please let me know you received it. Sometimes emails with pictures get stuck.
    Paula

Blog Entries
    I used a block design from Quilters Cache but made a few changes based on the yellow fabric I had for the border. My sister could sew any clothing item and make it fit perfectly but she was just starting to quilt. We were working together planning her first quilt and yellow and blue were the colors she chose. I am actually an HR Director but love living in a small town surrounded by cotton fields and kind hearted people.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

OK ladies,( sewhappy30, yaya, jillnjo, and wild yard) I sent the email. Please let me know you received it. Sometimes emails with pictures get stuck.
    Received the email--thanks!

Mailed my center to jillnjo today!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

I received it, thanks. I think I kinda understand, I'm going to test it out to see if I got it.
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Gena, Let me know if you need more help.
    Paula

I'll be at the mailbox, waiting, yaya!

I am also going to experiment with the graph paper. I need to pick up some colored pencils so I can play with color choices, too!

My sad looking garden is needing some attention, so I'm heading outside this morning. Everyone have a great day!
    jillnjo

Got the email and have the centers all graphed out and ready to color and play. Thanks so much for the photo and your great directions.

Just for general FYI, I don't think there is any WRONG size graph paper, since you assign the size to each square that you want it to represent.

Have fun playing with this on these blocks all, and next thing you know you will be creating your own patterns! It's so much fun!!!
    Linda Wedge White

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast