Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy 9-Patch quilts from the mystery quilt

RJ

my first trip on the train

This is the first mystery quilt that I have done....and a friend did it with me--hers is the bright colors(her favorites)-they both turned out good and we had fun making them----I hardly made a dent in my scraps..so definatly will make this one again...now if I can remember how to post a picture

beautiful quilts
    Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord,

Scrappy Mini Mystery

Used leftover scraps from a quilt,muslin for the lite part.Love this pattern,thank-you Judy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    This is the first mystery quilt that I have done....and a friend did it with me--hers is the bright colors(her favorites)-they both turned out good and we had fun making them----I hardly made a dent in my scraps..so definatly will make this one again...now if I can remember how to post a picture
    Well, I have searched the help section and still cannot post a picture....there is no little icon anywhere that looks like
    what is described in the help section....such frustration.....any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well, I have searched the help section and still cannot post a picture....there is no little icon anywhere that looks like
    what is described in the help section....such frustration.....any suggestions??
    Do you go to the "go advanced" tab when trying to upload a picture? When you do down towards the bottom there is a spot that says manage attachments. You need tomake sure your picture is saved as a web picture. Hope this helps. took me a while to figure it out too.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

here is my batik table runner made with 3-1/2" blocks. A bit skimpy in length as I didn't do the math, just knew that the 4-1/2" woul make it too big. Should have done it with three 9-patch blocks. And should have paid more attention to the colors as the stars don't stand out.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

All beautiful quilts & cute table runner too! Great job everyone!

Very nice!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Do you go to the "go advanced" tab when trying to upload a picture? When you do down towards the bottom there is a spot that says manage attachments. You need tomake sure your picture is saved as a web picture. Hope this helps. took me a while to figure it out too.
    FourPaws is right, go advanced, manage attachments, browse your computer for where the photo is saved, click open when you find the picture, then upload on the quiting board screen and wait for it to upload. When upload complete shows you can post your reply. BUT......the biggest thing is you must resize your photo. I don't know enough to quote the maximum pixels or whatever it is measured by - but on my Windows computer, using windows picture manager I can choose to resize to "Large - Web" size and it works. Now go get that photo - we want to see your quilt!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Blog Entries
    Create Four Paws -- If you are using quick reply, just select the 'Insert Image' icon that is next to the little filmstrip. When that small box comes up, make sure the tab is on From Computer and not URL.

Browse for your picture. I try to make sure mine is on the desktop, so it is easier to find.

Select Upload Image and it should be there for you! But yes, you do need to make sure it is JPG or GIF and not PNG. Plus that it is a smaller size.

When I size them, I usually halve the pixels to 50 percent. But that is a more advanced type of doing things.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Great scrappy show! I love scrappy quilts!
    Jean

Such nice quilts. All are truly works of art.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Love them, theyare perfect!
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

RJ
    Ok---thanks to some of your help--I think I got the upload thing---these are the photos of my friends Bright mystery quilt and a photo of mine...

We had fun and I will watch for the next mystery---will it be a train ride too??? WHOOOWHOOOOOOO

Everyone has done a great job. Hope things slow down so I can start one.

Blog Entries
    cindy/creat4, love your quilt. was trying to load mine into a machine quilting frame (mid arm) today, and just got everything clean, and dusted, and organized, and got a house full of out of state company. another batch due the 12, soooooooo.......

LOVE them all!
    "It's easy to love somebody when everything is wonderful. The proof of someone's love is that they still love you when everything is awful."

They are all just wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

I've been silently riding this train until last week. I had other commitments that kept me from deciding until then that I could actually get on this train......and all the goodies in the dining car are delicious! I'm still a beginning quilter, so please don't judge me too harshly. I've enjoyed all the companionship and great quilt tops so far. here's mine.

Name:  MVC-030S.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  MVC-031S.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  MVC-032S.JPG
Views: 376
Size:  34.3 KB
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    Debbie, that is a great looking quilt. I like the orange a lot!

Thanks Reeskylr. I wasn't too sure what color to put there, but I figured scrappy was scrappy, so that was it. My DH wants me to do another one too, but I think he wants to pick out the colors for me. I think I want to do the next one in 5-inch squares.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Debbie,

Love the orange stars! It really makes the quilt "pop"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    Thanks Reeskylr. I wasn't too sure what color to put there, but I figured scrappy was scrappy, so that was it. My DH wants me to do another one too, but I think he wants to pick out the colors for me. I think I want to do the next one in 5-inch squares.
    Me too, I just got 40 - 5x5 inch squares in a Tonga Treats from Timeless Treasures. They are batik and named
    Coastal, so I have blues and tans. It would be interesting to see what kind of stars might go with it.

Blog Entries
    debbiejj, nice quilt. keep them coming. mine is still waiting for all the company to quit coming, so i can get the backing and batting cut, to take to the LA.

Blog Entries
    Mine is finished !! Everyones is so different and yet so wonderful !!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast