Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by grammy17
    All of these quilts are so beautiful. I just offered to make one for my daughter last night. Her reply cut my heart--Not one with all those colors. I said, "You better to to Walmart." I was crushed but you all have revived me.
    You should have your DD look at this thread!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis
    All of these quilts are so beautiful. I just offered to make one for my daughter last night. Her reply cut my heart--Not one with all those colors. I said, "You better to to Walmart." I was crushed but you all have revived me.
    Honestly, I'd thank her for being candid because it's sad when you've spent tons of work on a gift quilt that is not to the recipient's tastes. Awkward for them and disheartening for the artist (yes, we are, all folk artists!). Better to find out ahead of time.
    Your work is too nice to not be appreciated by the right person. Nice job on all of them you posted. Keep it up and keep posting for all of us to enjoy. :o)

Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis
    Honestly, I'd thank her for being candid because it's sad when you've spent tons of work on a gift quilt that is not to the recipient's tastes. Awkward for them and disheartening for the artist (yes, we are, all folk artists!). Better to find out ahead of time.
    Your work is too nice to not be appreciated by the right person. Nice job on all of them you posted. Keep it up and keep posting for all of us to enjoy. :o)
    I would extend this thought to the entire board...Keep on quilting & posting, everybody!

Love them all Great work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckin Mary
    Love them all Great work.
    Truckin Mary: Speaking of posting, how about a photo of that gorgeous thing in our avatar? Wow, looks beautiful even in a small picture.

To every posted picture person on this thread, thank you! I have enjoyed it 100%. Keep those pictures coming.

"Honestly, I'd thank her for being candid because it's sad when you've spent tons of work on a gift quilt that is not to the recipient's tastes. Awkward for them and disheartening for the artist (yes, we are, all folk artists!). Better to find out ahead of time."

You are right. It is better for her to have what she likes. And for me to spend my time and energy for someone who appreciates my particular tastes....Maybe like one for me?

Blog Entries
    This is my scrappy I-spy rail fence that was made with fabric from the scrap bin.

front side
    Name:  Attachment-234453.jpe
Views: 2632
Size:  161.7 KB

back side
    Name:  Attachment-234454.jpe
Views: 2624
Size:  156.7 KB

Izy
    Well I have had so much inspiration from this thread, I finally got to grips with going totally scrappy!

I have been playing with all the scraps I cut up a few weeks ago. These are 3.5" unfinished 4 patches and HST, just roughly lay out on our rug LOL

So what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Well I have had so much inspiration from this thread, I finally got to grips with going totally scrappy!

I have been playing with all the scraps I cut up a few weeks ago. These are 3.5" unfinished 4 patches and HST, just roughly lay out on our rug LOL

So what do you think?
    Its fabulous!!! congradulations on going totally scrappy its a winner.

WOW! just Wow!

Blog Entries
    I DO SO LOVE SCRAPPYS. THEY REMIND ME OF THE DAYS WHEN FOLKS MADE DO AND USED IT UP. PERHAPS WE ARE RETURNING TO THOSE DAYS.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S

So what do you think?
    Thanks Lois, it was difficult for me to 'go with the flow' and not 'match up every square of fabric...All of my quilts are basically scrappy but usually follow a controlled colour scheme. I am just about to lay these out in Jacob's Ladder Pattern to see if I prefer that LOL...this is such fun!!

:-D :-D :-D

So which layout do you prefer??
    Name:  Attachment-234496.jpe
Views: 2833
Size:  64.3 KB

Blog Entries
    so amazing! some day I might have enough scraps to start to make a crazy quilt. I love the idea of using what we have and make something nice instead of always wanting what we do not have

Izy, I like both ways really... but if I have to really choose I would go for #1

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by helou
    so amazing! some day I might have enough scraps to start to make a crazy quilt. I love the idea of using what we have and make something nice instead of always wanting what we do not have

Izy, I like both ways really... but if I have to really choose I would go for #1
    Thanks Heloe...maybe I will come up with yet another layout...watch this space lol

:-D

Stack the deck is my favorite!

MaryJ

Just gorgeous black, red and white quilt. I was never drawn to these colors in clothing or decorating until I saw quilts but I think yours is the most striking I have ever seen in these colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S

So what do you think?
    Thanks Lois, it was difficult for me to 'go with the flow' and not 'match up every square of fabric...All of my quilts are basically scrappy but usually follow a controlled colour scheme. I am just about to lay these out in Jacob's Ladder Pattern to see if I prefer that LOL...this is such fun!!

:-D :-D :-D
    I actually like the second one as that's how I've been told a Jacob's Ladder should go. And your quilt has given me the kick to get moving on mine as I just started it but felt I need to finish another first. I've been collecting and cutting pieces and sewn only a few pieces together. It looks amazing though both ways!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by javin22
    Stack the deck is my favorite!
    What is 'stack the deck'? like stack 'n whack?

(love this quilting lingo - and everything else about it!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helou

Thanks Heloe...maybe I will come up with yet another layout...watch this space lol

:-D
    Question: either way, it's helpful to the design if you have one fairly light side and one dark or print side, correct? as well as having a lighter and a dark fabric for the 4-patches.

It's fun to see your 'auditions'! Both layouts are attractive; I like them both. I'll be watching this space!
    I love scrappies but have trouble making myself not be selective... I really admire those who can just let it happen.

So what do you think?
    It's beautiful!

Just wondering if anyone has the know how and time to set up a specific area (other than this ...ie like what has been done for the month swaps) so we can view just the scrappy quilts? There are so many great ones...but feel that I'm missing them! Maybe we can continually add to them..... this has been great!

thimblebug6000.
    What is the pattern for your next to last quilt? Is it a project that used stars and the other part?
    Should know pattern, but can't think of name.

Blog Entries
    I love this thread! All of the scrappy quilts are beautiful! Here's one I made.

Great scrappy's I love them all.

Page 18 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 68 118 ... LastLast