Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3629

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by cjackaitlin View Post
    All of the quilts are just beautiful. Can't qait until I have scraps to make my own. Thanks for sharing them.
    Evidently all you need is 2 scraps. Put them in your sewing space & before long, you'll have a gazillion. They seem to multiply in the dark... kinda like dust bunnies!! LOL! That's the only explanation I can think of to explain why I have a ton of scraps... LOL! Just cut some of your stash up & call'em scraps! Can't wait to see your quilts! Please post!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

These are all gorgeous!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Quote Originally Posted by gsbuffalo View Post
    I never use to do scrappy at all. always had to be a pattern and certain fabric and would give all the scrap away but after one scrappy I am hooked and have done several. these stars are the latest
    These are fabulous! Promise you'll post again when they're a top, OK? Can't wait!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    I visit here and decided to add a couple scrappy quilts I've made-scrappies are probably my all time favorite! I sewed the log cabin with my treadle(fun!) and the dresden was scraps my Mom gave me all cut and ready to sew into plates.Attachment 318660Attachment 318661Attachment 318662

The last one is a quick quilt I put together and gave to my daughter while she was waiting for her last baby to be born!
    Like my Mother would say, looks like you've been living right! Those are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Thanks Izy for the information on the shams you posted. I'll have to do one and see if it comes out as beautiful as yours. That is really something to do on your Janome, I have a Janome too and like it more every day. Mine is the DC1050. Just had the machine not even 5 months yet. It's a light weight and would have liked it a bit heftier, but my other machine died the same day so needed one that day, Oh well, thanks again for the shams idea. Will have to make a couple this year.
    jigs1354 TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Thanks for the compliments jigs! I never use patterns...all my quilting just evolves.

I made up the pillow sham tops, layered them up with double layer of poly wadding to give a bit more loft and stiffness. I made envelope backs, just basically overlapping two pieces right sides out, stitched all around, then added binding to finish. I quilted one HST/4 patch width from the outside edge to create an 'Oxford' style of pillow sham. I have a Janome 9000, not much throat space but I have managed to quilt over 90 x 90 quilts through there phew!
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Oh wow! I know that I've said it before but, What a wonderful quilt show! I love everyone's scrappy quilts! Thanks Ya'll!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by gsbuffalo View Post
    I never use to do scrappy at all. always had to be a pattern and certain fabric and would give all the scrap away but after one scrappy I am hooked and have done several. these stars are the latest
    Great looking stars. It will be a wonderful quilt.

These quilts are so wonderful! Have never done a scrappy but with such inspiration they sure are on my list now ! Thanks for sharing everybody.

Talk about eye-candy!! I'm blown away! These are just gorgeous. I can't wait to start my own scrappy or crumb quilt. I've been saving all my scraps and buying scraps at garage sales. Just need TIME!!!

Blog Entries
    FoxFlower, now when did you have time to make that Gorgeous thing. What a Beauty it is. Alright how long was it to make this quilt??? Now I see the date of the posting. You had me worried a bit.
    Anyway hello.

jigs

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Wow, I've made it through 25 pages of magic and now I have to share my scrappy and the link to see more of this quilt. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5800297...7626558897887/
    Attachment 291843It is so hard to get a good full picture of a king size quilt!
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Jigs, you haven't seen that on my flickr page? I have tons of photos of that. Yes, completed it about a year ago. It is what really got me back into quilting after the have another baby break, LOL.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I too am just starting out and have a VERY small stash...not enough scraps to make a quilt yet. BUT, that just means I have to make more quilts in order to generate scraps!!! See...logic to my thinking, I have purchased some charms and some fat quarters, so I may reach my "scrappy" goal sooner rather than later. But in the meantime I will just continue to daydream, plan and piece more quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by denveremerson View Post
    Talk about eye-candy!! I'm blown away! These are just gorgeous. I can't wait to start my own scrappy or crumb quilt. I've been saving all my scraps and buying scraps at garage sales. Just need TIME!!!
    If you figure out where to buy "time", would you please post that info? LOL! I need some, too... and won't even wait till it's on sale... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    If you figure out where to buy "time", would you please post that info? LOL! I need some, too... and won't even wait till it's on sale... LOL!
    I bet we all would!
    Bev

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    OMG! Whos is that precious baby sleeping so soundly & sweetly in your quilt? DARLING!!! Why can't mine be like that? He's out in the backyard, probably digging hole #128394... LOL!
    This is my fur baby Sasha, who now lives with my Mum since we returned from Spain! She is very lady like and spoilt rotten! LOVES to be in/on a quilt as you can see
    It's quarter to me time!!

Izy

How did you print the pictures for future reference? I'm still learning this forum and don't know how to print them. Thank you.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Jusmom01 View Post
    How did you print the pictures for future reference? I'm still learning this forum and don't know how to print them. Thank you.
    Linda
    I'm not sure how to print them. I just have been saving them to my files.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    All your quilts are beautiful, enjoyed seeing them.

Blog Entries
    A couple more scrappys. Both are from Bonnie Hunters quiltville web sight. I love her free patterns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Definitely!!!!! I have the scraps but could always use more time! Summer is coming and school will be out. I'm spending lots of time in my sewing room!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanneZ View Post
    I NEED MORE SCRAPS!!!!!!!! AND MORE TIME!!!!!!! there are lots of beautiful quilts on this QB. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    JeanneZ

Thanks for posting. Love the show.

I collect scraps and small pieces of fabric because what I love to make is scrap quilts. I've been following this post for quite a while now but have not posted any of mine. So would you like to see a few? I'll be back with more!
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are some beautiful quilts, scrappy or not!

Gorgeous, I especially like the log cabins and love the geese flying around the cabins one.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Beautiful!
    Bev

Page 52 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 ... LastLast