Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrappy Quilt

Hello, thought I'd share a photo of a quilt I finished for my son, Michael, this past spring. It was supposed to be done last Christmas, but went a little beyond the desired completetion date.

This quilt was made using the BOM from Oct. 2006 from Victoriana Quilters. I made it out of flannels as I wanted it to be extra warm & snuggly.
    Name:  Attachment-67562.jpe
Views: 362
Size:  72.0 KB

That is really very nice, Love the design and all the colors,Very good work.

joy
    Great quilt - love the pattern and bright colours... well thought out... do you have a name for the pattern?

That's a wonderful quilt - looks just right for your son.

lin
    Every time I open one of these picture threads, my heart sings a little. I get so inspired to continue making new quilts when I see quilts like the one you just shared. That is so gorgeous. Fall colors just warm me up inside. It's a wonderful quilt Pam!

BEAUTIFUL use of fabrics. I like that one a lot.

I LOVE this quilt1 I have actually made this block for a baby quilt using softer colors.

Yours is so vibrant and it looks ultra cuddly!

Great job! Barb C

Pam,
    That is one great quilt! I bet your son is anxious for winter to come. :lol: Very snuggly looking.

That is so nice, Pam! Makes me want to wrap up in it myself!

Great use of colors. It is ALL ABOUT FALL.

Hi Joy, not sure what the name of the block is but it was a free Block of the Month from Victoriania Quilting web site. The block was posted last October `06. I will check my information & see if they named the block. It was easy to make & fun. I didn't have all those fabrics in scraps so I ended up shopping for Fall colored flannels every time I went into the fabric stores. That was a bunch of fun!!! I still find myself looking at Fall flannels even though I'm done with that project. LOL

Is your son single? I'd marry him just for that quilt!

I am a BIG TIME scrappy fan... I LOVE your quilt!!

I love all the colors it looks fantastic. And extra warm and cozy.

i love it . beautiful colors. it's so like falls leaves changing color.

I used that pattern for a border in my current Block of the Month club. It's really neat to see it used for the whole quilt!

Anyone know where I can get the pattern?

Just draw it out. You can use graph paper. It's just squares and rectangles.

Actually there were not any rectangles. It is just squares. I used 3" squares & you have 16 x 3" squares to make one block. It is just an illusion that the blocks are overlapping. That is what I thought was so much fun. The center blocks are made with 4 x 3" squares using all the same color. The blocks around the center blocks are all 3" squares. I arranged the 16 x 3" (or whatever you choose) blocks in rows & sewed the 4 rows together to make one block. When you sew them together it gives the impression that the center block is overlapping 4 other blocks. There are 8 blocks across the top of the quilt & each of the 8 blocks has 16 x 3" blocks. Hope that helps?

Chele, I can't get to my patterns right now but I would be able to take a digital photo (scanners not working) & post it later e-mail it to you if you want to send your e-mail in a PM?

I see that mine has smaller squares in the middle. Here is a sketch I did of it. Also, I was making 48 identical ones and not such a pretty variety as you have in yours! I LOVE that quilt! So I did mine by strip piecing panels, slicing, etc.

Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome quilt!!! One of my favorites I've seen here so far!! I bet your son thinks it was well worth the x-tra wait time!! and if he doesn't you can send it my way!!! LOL

Pam - that looks like a reeeeeally big quilt. What did you use for batting & backing to keep it from weighing a ton? I love the colors.

I love it!!! The colors make that quilt. Oh, I mean your stitching makes it, I'm sure, I can't see it but I love those colors. You've given me the start on another quilt notebook for sometime soon.

Pam, it's just lovely!

It is a very big queensize quilt! The squares are all in flannel & I used warm & natural batting & the back is flannel quilt backing. It does weigh a lot but my son loves it. I have to tell you that I liked this pattern so much that I made one for my daughter also. I used some of the same fabrics & had the family help putting color combos together & then I would stack them & chain stitch them together so that the whole square was chained together (16 of the 3" squares). I stacked them in shoe boxes & when I got enough together I'd start sewing the 12" squares together. I got inspired by Cathe & drew up the pattern. It is only for reference as it is a digital photo of a drawing. I'm going to make some pillow shams to match.

This will give a rough idea of how this block is done
    Name:  Attachment-9827.bmp
Views: 28
Size:  134.5 KB

Ok...I must have forgotten to do something as the photo of my drawing didn't come up...I'll try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast