Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
second strip patch >

second strip patch

second strip patch

Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 AM

Those are really pretty! I'd keep on going!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by skavanau
Here is the one I made tonight. I dont know if I want a whole quilt in this pattern or maybe make 6or 8 of these and make a quilt with added sashes around them, what do you think?
What did you use for the foundation? How big is the block and how wide are the small stirps? The more I look at this the more I love it!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:49 PM

I love your block. Can you share the pattern information?

Quilt baby
Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM

I did post everything on this message. It just white broadcloth, I used an 11 1/2 inch square template. My strips are 1".
here is the post:
This is how I found this pattern:
http://happythings.typepad.com/happy...tion_piec.html

The only thing I did was make all my strips 1", and I picked the colors and deceided to make the cornors big, so they would stand out more. And when you pic 4 squares together , in the middle it makes a pattern.
Sorry forgot to answers this question. I used my 11 1/2" square template for the foundation piece. And as far as the size it will be , Im justing adding another square until I get it the size I want. So it will be a queen size with probably a sash around and the binding or maybe just the binding , Ill have to wait and see how all the squares turn out. You could do the squares in any size, what ever you prefer.Oh and one more thing. When I cut the foundation peice, I then took my ruler an placed it in the left hand corner and went straight to the opposte corner (with a pencil),and my first piece I placed on the line and just kept going. When I got to the end of one side I turned it around and did the other side, I laid all strips out before I sewed so I could adjust the colors if need be and thats how I got the lines so straight. Sorry this is so lengthy I NEVER had anyone ask me how to do a pattern. New to explaining.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:32 PM

This is very cool and the colors are wow!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by skavanau
I did post everything on this message. It just white broadcloth, I used an 11 1/2 inch square template. My strips are 1".
here is the post:
This is how I found this pattern:
http://happythings.typepad.com/happy...tion_piec.html

The only thing I did was make all my strips 1", and I picked the colors and deceided to make the cornors big, so they would stand out more. And when you pic 4 squares together , in the middle it makes a pattern.
Sorry forgot to answers this question. I used my 11 1/2" square template for the foundation piece. And as far as the size it will be , Im justing adding another square until I get it the size I want. So it will be a queen size with probably a sash around and the binding or maybe just the binding , Ill have to wait and see how all the squares turn out. You could do the squares in any size, what ever you prefer.Oh and one more thing. When I cut the foundation peice, I then took my ruler an placed it in the left hand corner and went straight to the opposte corner (with a pencil),and my first piece I placed on the line and just kept going. When I got to the end of one side I turned it around and did the other side, I laid all strips out before I sewed so I could adjust the colors if need be and thats how I got the lines so straight. Sorry this is so lengthy I NEVER had anyone ask me how to do a pattern. New to explaining.
Thank you, you did a great job explaining. It is just so lovely and everything is straight and matching. I'm impressed.