Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 PM

Good info Linda, thanks. I agree that it's a good idea!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Linda, thanks for the info on planting bulbs! At least now I have a place to start! I think I can put them in a pot--that would look nice on my patio. Now, how will I be able to wait until spring????
Old 02-12-2010, 08:10 PM

just to let my anglee know i did mail--hope it get there tomarrow
although you dont know who you are just wanted to let you know
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 PM

So Linda are you coming over to help me with my garden???
Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

We have such an imaginative group here!
Old 02-13-2010, 07:57 AM

just a short note, i haven't mailed my angel her valentine package but i will on tuesday. so, better late than never!! sorry Valentine.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Star: Sure, I'll come over to help out, but you'll have to pay me in fabric. lol
Old 02-13-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Star: Sure, I'll come over to help out, but you'll have to pay me in fabric. lol
LOL!! :lol: :lol: sounds great but ?????? fabric is like gold :shock: so be ready to put in some work, ;)
Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by Harmony
Yaaay! I got a package from my SQA today! There's a soapstone oil burner that you put scented oil things in--makes the whole room smell great. I can't wait to try it out! I got a couple of really cute valentine dish towels and some Air Head candy (is she trying to tell me something???) There's a really cute card, and best of all, some bulbs! I have no idea what they are--guess I'll find out after I plant them and they bloom! READER ALERT: I'm not much of a gardener, but I'll try this and see if I can actually get anything to bloom! Thank you SQA--you've challenged me to try something I've never done before!

Here are some pictures of my "loot" and a couple of my quilting inspectors checking it out and giving their approval!
You got some great gifts. How lucky to get flower bulbs. What a unique idea. Such creative minds our angels have.
Not to be a know it all, but being a master gardener, I know where to look for planting advice. So if you don't mind me butting my gardener nose in just a little, I would like to share some planting instructions. You can plant your new bulbs in the early spring, in well tilled soil in a sunny location, pointy side up toward the sun, flat/root side down toward the soil. Plant them about 3 times the length of the bulb, deep. 2" bulb about 6" deep. Please let us know what you end up with. My guess is daffodils, but they are so many different varieties. What a long lasting surprise these are going to be. Please post pictures of them when they bloom, and they should bloom every year. You can also plant them in a pot indoors and force them to bloom early, but then the bulb's life may be shortened and they may not come back again. Enjoy!!
Linda
I am not a gardener however I once planted over 50 bulbs in my garden so that I would never have to plant flowers again. The next day there were 50 holes. :shock: :shock: It just so happens squirrels love to eat flower bulbs. I was told after the fact to either put the bulbs in wire and then plant them or dig the hole put coffee in the hole with the bulb and coffee all on top of the soil where it was planted. I never planted another bulb again after that. but I dooooooooo plant tomatoes most years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, my dear sweet angel. I received a cute Valentine card along with Best Press. In the same box was a gift of a life time somthing I have loved for a very long time but do not own............... A Jim Shore statue, I love his works. Mine is a quilting angel titled "stitch and sew till you're aglow." She is the prettiest little angel with a quilt in one hand and a needle in the other quilting the quilt. Oh!!!!!!! I wish I knew how to post pictures for everyone to see her. How did my SQA know I love angels with a PASSION???????? I DEFINATLY know I have never post I love angels and I know for a fact I have never told anyone on the board. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO this was divine intervention.

In another package I received magazines thank you whoever sent me those. There was no note or card but they were not from the same person as there was more then enough room in the package with the angel to fit the magazines. I have not been feeling well the last few days, actually bedridden ( I love laptops it comes in bed with me) and this afternoon I will read my maggies, thank you again.