Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by GladGrams
My SA sent me flowers! :D There was even a little Norwegian flag in them! That Laverne is a busy angel. Don't have a pic because my camera is somewhere in the debris they are going through that "our men" were able to salvage from the crash.

My dearest angel, your love and those flowers were timed so perfectly. They had arrived at my daughter's home and my son brought them to me here at his house when he went there to get some of my belongings. They sure perked me up!!!!
It is nice that you got flowers. Were you in a crash?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:49 AM
cjc

To my SQA - I have more to thank you for! I got the mail on Saturday...nothing special - a couple of magazines for my husband, walked by the porch to feed the dogs, nothing there. So imagine my surprise when I went to feed the dogs yesterday and there is a package on the porch! FedEx delivered Saturday evening when we were to dinner! I got the prettiest fabric, a fabric pen, a magnet to put on the machine to hold pins, and some grip material so my rulers don't slip. Thank you so much. Hope the picture comes through with no problem.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74325.jpe  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by GladGrams
My SA sent me flowers! :D There was even a little Norwegian flag in them! That Laverne is a busy angel. Don't have a pic because my camera is somewhere in the debris they are going through that "our men" were able to salvage from the crash.

My dearest angel, your love and those flowers were timed so perfectly. They had arrived at my daughter's home and my son brought them to me here at his house when he went there to get some of my belongings. They sure perked me up!!!!
It is nice that you got flowers. Were you in a crash?
Yes, we were on the way home from camping in Gettysburg, Pa and something happened to the trailer (don't know what) and it all went out of control. Happened on route 30 in York, Pa this past Thurs. The trailer slid down the highway and our SUV rolled over 3 times on the side of the road. The 3 children and my SIL, the driver, walked away with scratches as did the 2 dogs and the cat.

My daughter and I were trapped and they had to cut us out; it took half an hour to get us out. A very brave fireman climbed down and stayed with us. He told us we were all going out together - and basically we did. My daughter was on the passenger side in the front and I was sitting in a captains kind of seat behind her. The car landed on our side and apparently was unstable because they kept telling us not to move anything. I had stuff fall on me and once they got that off and my legs out we knew I was okay. My daughter's right arm was trapped and they finally freed her too. We both have head injuries and "other stuff" that needs to be treated and watched. I want to sleep a lot and have a difficult time finding the words I want.

Apparently, no one expected any of us to come out alive. This week is being spent seeing a variety of doctors to have our heads and other body parts checked over. My daughter had a compound fracture of a finger on her right hand and another flayed open.

We are being surrounded by prayers and love. People are offering help. We are all thanking God and not wasting this time we have together... truly a wake up call about what IS important in life.

I plan to make a quilt for the fireman who helped us and the emergency crew who pulled us out and took us to the hosp.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:12 AM

Wow Gladgrams, what a horrifying experience. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. An angel was truely watching over you.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 AM

Gladgrams, Oh how awful. You definately had an Angel watching over you. I know the fireman will feel honored to receive a quilt from you. Glad to hear you are all ok. A bit of a miracle from the sounds of it. Nice that your angel sent you flowers at just the right time too. Speedy recovery to both you and your daughter.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:08 PM

GladGrams, I'm sorry to hear about your accident and wish you a quick and full recovery.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Ohh GladGrams, I am so happy that everyone made it out. I am sorry to hear of yours and your daughters injuries and thank God that they seem to be taken care of in time. Do take good care of yourself>and yes life is too short to not enjoy all the days, hours and minutes we have to be alive and well. Bless you,

Sharon
Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 PM

God bless you both.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 PM

I just got a package from my SQA Lula. Yes, I agree with you. Christmas time, and our big reveal of our real names, is coming faster than it seems possible. From the postmark on your package (and the return address too), I think I drove through your home area Thursday and again Saturday while traveling to my nephew's wedding. Thank you Lula for the pretty summery fat quarters and the card with a cart full of beautiful flowers. When I saw those fatquarters, I decided they'd be perfect for making something for my niece's two little girls who I got to see this weekend too. They love girly things in pinks and bright colors. Now I'll have to think of something cute and easy to make. Here's a picture of my present:

Summer Pretties from Lula --& tape measure with belly button
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74228[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74223.jpe  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:15 PM

GladGrams - I'm so very sorry to hear about your awful accident. Hoping and praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you and your daughter.