Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 07-24-2010, 03:34 PM

Hi SQA!

Hope all is well with you! Sorry I didn't post right away! Before we went on vacation, I was frantically finishing up projects for my parents and son so I can personally deliver to them! Then came back last Wed., school open house Thurs. last minute school shopping till Sunday and my daughter started school Monday (year round)! So this week I started another D9P (will post pics on another thread). Whew, it's been non stop but now I'm up to date with house work and getting things organized in my brain!

I received your package yesterday and today the card! Thank you so much! It is too cute and is sitting on my sewing table! Will definitely use it especially when I do bindings!!! It made me think of how thankful I am of you to receive all the lovely gifts and the thoughts you put into them. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-71790.jpe  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Dix,
I'm so sorry about your mom, it helps some to know shes in
a better place and your memories will always be there.
Sure hope K. White fixes your SQA problem. Unless your
angel is really sick, theres no reason not to at least send
you a card. 4 months is ridiculous.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:40 PM

God give you and family peace.

In this sad time, please accept a chocolate kiss from me.

I am sorry for your lost, hold on tight to your memories of your Mother.

Maybe you could write down a few of her stories.

Love Darlene

Originally Posted by Dix
My 95 year old mother died on Sunday after 3 months of struggling. She is at peace and we as a family are also. We were hoping she could see her great, great grand daughter to be born in Houston Sept. 1st. But, she will be her angel and watching over her. We buried her on Wednesday and on Thursday my Angel sent me a home spa, with candles, wash cloth, soaps and all the other stuff to make me feel good!!! It has been 90-95 deg. and for 5 days, I was running from a cold car into the heat and into the cold nursing home several times a day. I got the worst sore throat I have ever had and lost my voice totally. Dr told me yesterday not to open my mouth for 4 days, except to eat and drink and stay in the house. Seems like I had really strained my vocal cords. So notes are flying DH can hardly keep up!!! Thank you sweet angel!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 PM

Dix, Although I am sorry for you and your family, your mother had 93 wonderful years and is now at peace. I truly understand about you and your family also being at peace. Take time to heal from your own ordeal and get better soon. (((Hugs)))
Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM

GOODIE GOODIE!! :D I recieved a package in today's mail from my Secret Quilt Angel. She just keeps spoiling me, every time I turn around!! :thumbup: She sent me a pattern book for Bed Runners, an Orchid block pattern, a new pattern I haven't seen before called Snibbles & Just the Braid Quilt as you go, table runner pattern. Of course she always includes one of her gorgeous hand made cards!! S.Q.A. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are the best Angel ever!! :D I know that you are always thinking of me, especially when you have busy times in your life. The busy times hit all of us & we still think of our quilting board friends. God Bless You Dear One!!

Bed Runner's book & Orchid pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70685[/ATTACH]

Back Cover of Bed Runner's Book.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70686[/ATTACH]

Patterns, Snibbles & Braided table runner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70687[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70680.jpe   attachment-70681.jpe   attachment-70682.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 01:18 PM

Sulabug, I know you will get some good use out of those patterns.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

How nice of your angel Cheryl. That snibbles looks neat!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Sula -- great patterns. I love looking at patterns and tend to collect them, can never have too many. I find that even if I don't make anything direct from the pattern, it sure does serve as inspiration and motivation. Whenever I get into a quilting slump I just pull out the pattern packs and books and drool over them. They usually end up getting excited enough to start sewing again.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 PM

I'm so excited! On a recent trip I found a great fabric shop and picked up some beautiful fabric for my angel! I plan to send it as soon as I get some extras to go with it! (I promise I won't pet it to much before it gets mailed!) lol
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 AM

Dix, Im sorry about the lose of your Mother, I know what you are going thru I lost mine 2 years ago, but they are boyh at peace.Hugs and prayers to you and your family.