Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Sew Along Block # 1

  1. #1
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Hi all!
    How are you? I hope, heart, are well and ready to enjoy the weekend!
    I'm a little loss of QB, I was traveling, taking a few courses Quilting, whose photos can be viewed on my blog.
    I went this weekend, but again another reason to travel! Come to my country to present his show Mr. Eric Clapton! The "Master" of the guitar! And tomorrow I will delight hear him play live for the first time! I am very happy and excited!
    But back to business, I started with Lesley SewAlong to blog Sew Happy Me ([url] http://www.sewhappy.me [/ url)).
    So I bring you photos of the Block # 1 to share with you in first! (Still not put on my blog) HaHaHa!
    I hope you enjoy and I thank you for looking!
    Next week I will try to catch up!
    I leave you a big hug!

    Block # 1 by far
    Name:  Attachment-270596.jpe
Views: 67
Size:  33.8 KB

    Detail of face of Santa
    Name:  Attachment-270597.jpe
Views: 63
Size:  77.2 KB

    Detail of buttons and Santa suit
    Name:  Attachment-270598.jpe
Views: 67
Size:  77.0 KB

    Details of the letters
    Name:  Attachment-270599.jpe
Views: 63
Size:  78.7 KB

    Block # 1 exact
    Name:  Attachment-270600.jpe
Views: 74
Size:  59.4 KB

  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,173
    Blog Entries
    47
    Sew cute:)

  3. #3
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    10
    Cute!

  4. #4
    Super Member frarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,005
    really cute. I love santa's.

  5. #5
    Super Member Jan in VA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    8,278
    Gladys,
    It's always such a delight to hear from you! It sounds as though you have been very busy. Classes are such fun, so many interesting people to meet and new things to learn. AND Eric Clapton.....you are lucky!!

    I'm sorry I never went to your lovely country when I was in Spain amny, many years ago.

    Have a good day!
    Jan in Virginia, USA

  6. #6
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,323
    Blog Entries
    45
    i love the look of yours. they are red on white on the blog. how many strands of embroidery thread did you use... or did you use another type of thread?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    abbeville sc
    Posts
    318
    you did a good job.keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

  8. #8
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Gladys,
    It's always such a delight to hear from you! It sounds as though you have been very busy. Classes are such fun, so many interesting people to meet and new things to learn. AND Eric Clapton.....you are lucky!!

    I'm sorry I never went to your lovely country when I was in Spain amny, many years ago.

    Have a good day!
    Jan in Virginia, USA
    Hi, Jan!
    I love hearing from you! You are so sweet!
    Yes, for me to Quilting courses is "different" because I learn alone and the Internet.
    In my city Patchwork nobody does, so these experiences together, though few and small time are priceless!
    And Mr. Clapton is the 3 time you come to Argentina, but the first that I can access your Recital ... so I'm in the clouds!
    Hahaha!!
    I hope you have a beautiful weekend!
    A big hug!

  9. #9
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    i love the look of yours. they are red on white on the blog. how many strands of embroidery thread did you use... or did you use another type of thread?
    Hi, Nancy! Thank you!
    I will make 4 colored background and 3 embroidered in cream background, combining embroidery.
    I use 2 wires for embroidery, which I think you call "dental floss" to Anchor.
    I wanted to try DMC No. 8 but I have not done yet!
    A hug!

  10. #10
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by emmamarie
    you did a good job.keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
    Thank you you!
    A hug!

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,142
    That is very cute. Thats done by hand.. Great job

  12. #12
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom808
    That is very cute. Thats done by hand.. Great job
    Thank you!
    A hug!

  13. #13
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,323
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by GV09
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    i love the look of yours. they are red on white on the blog. how many strands of embroidery thread did you use... or did you use another type of thread?
    Hi, Nancy! Thank you!
    I will make 4 colored background and 3 embroidered in cream background, combining embroidery.
    I use 2 wires for embroidery, which I think you call "dental floss" to Anchor.
    I wanted to try DMC No. 8 but I have not done yet!
    A hug!
    thanks

  14. #14
    Super Member ssnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arma, Kansas
    Posts
    3,403
    Cute!

  15. #15
    Super Member Sandee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    middle America
    Posts
    2,848
    Blog Entries
    71
    What an adorable block! You are very talented!!!

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    292
    They are so beautiful and a good reminder that Santa is not too far away. My grandson is already marking the calendar to see how many more weeks to school holidays. :)
    Shirl

  17. #17
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandee
    What an adorable block! You are very talented!!!
    Thank you!
    A hug!

  18. #18
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by harrold48
    They are so beautiful and a good reminder that Santa is not too far away. My grandson is already marking the calendar to see how many more weeks to school holidays. :)
    Shirl
    Thanks! Hahaha! The smaller the time we make!
    A hug!

  19. #19
    Super Member GV09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Neuquen - Argentina
    Posts
    2,291
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank you very much to all Ladies!
    A big hug for each one!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.