Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing Cabinet >

Sewing Cabinet

Sewing Cabinet

Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by Quiltntime
Originally Posted by littlehud
He made it???? Wow, is he talented. What a guy.
He's really enjoying this Message Board, and hearing all the compliments.
It's encouraging him to make more furniture! :thumbup: Thanks!
well, if he needs encouragement, cause my hubby has made me a cabinet for dining room...two doors, with 3 shelves inside...we designed it together...i wanted top shelf, just deep enough for tin foil, plastic wrap, etc. middle shelf has all my cookbooks, knives etc. and bottom is where i keep odds + ends and towels and dish rags. Top is for microwave.
Then he made me a chest for bedroom that I made a cushion for so I could sit/lounge on...always wanted one of those inset window seat thingies.
Well, we don't have the 'inset' part, so we invented a likeness.
anyway' 2 things:
1 - as far as workmanship, your hubby is awesome at it. Like a professional.
2 - My hubby did a great job, for an amateur, a great job. I will never part with either of these pieces of furniture. We did them together and I love them. :D
One day our kids will inherit them. He needs to make at least one more, cause we have 3 girls. So, you tell your hubby that his projects and him are worth their weight in gold and then some!!! :wink:
Why don't you post pictures of your pieces of furniture? I'm sure we would all like to see them too. And, it might give those hubbies an idea or two. Mother's Day is just around the corner. :idea:
Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

i would love to post pics, but 1 - I don't know how, have to get daughter or brother over here,
2- mainly bc my camera is broke at the moment, but I do have a disposable at the moment. i don't buy many of those these days bc of fixed income. can't afford to develop them.
So, I will take some pics and see what I can do about getting them on here. i am very proud of things he has made me, even if it's not a professionals A grade, in my book, A+! :wink:
(maybe would be A to profs, if I hadn't helped, lol) :D
Old 03-15-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
i would love to post pics, but 1 - I don't know how, have to get daughter or brother over here,
2- mainly bc my camera is broke at the moment, but I do have a disposable at the moment. i don't buy many of those these days bc of fixed income. can't afford to develop them.
So, I will take some pics and see what I can do about getting them on here. i am very proud of things he has made me, even if it's not a professionals A grade, in my book, A+! :wink:
(maybe would be A to profs, if I hadn't helped, lol) :D
In the Picture section at the very top, I noticed the Admin. posted a "How to Post Pictures". This might help. I just let my DH do the posting for me.
We're anxiously waiting to see what you and your DH have made. :)