Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing room curtains >

Sewing room curtains

Sewing room curtains

Old 10-25-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by butterflywing
do you cut off the babies and start new plants?
No, they would fall off during his "grooming" sessions. I just put a little root starter on the babies and put them in water.
when the roots grow, do you then remove them from the mother plant and plant the babies in their own pots?
They sit in glass jars, old wine glasses and whiskey glasses (we don't drink that often so the glasses are put to better use).
I put aquarium rocks in the glasses to stabilize the roots. And keep water in it to cover the roots. I do the same for my wandering jew and a plant in our bedroom. It is odd because that particular plant grew from a bulb, but I can root it in a jar of water.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
Is that SNOW outside your window?????? :!: :!: ????? :!:
Yes it is, started yesterday (Sunday).
Old 10-25-2010, 06:18 PM

I can't wait for the snow. I know, I'm sick but it is so beautiful to see everything covered and all crystallized.
I want to or need to make more Snow Cream for the freezer. We pull it out on the 4th. of july and eat it,YEA!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful curtains. I love your sewing room. I can't have plants. I seem to have a brown thumb. Sigh.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM

I agree on your assessment of the chocolate color. We just did the same for our living room, only that color was called Biscuit, but it was the lightest color on a brown paint chip. It really is soothing... just like real chocolate, only without the calories! :thumbup:

I just talked with my kids tonight and they say some parts of the Cascades will be measuring their snow in feet. Might that include your area, too?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
I agree on your assessment of the chocolate color. We just did the same for our living room, only that color was called Biscuit, but it was the lightest color on a brown paint chip. It really is soothing... just like real chocolate, only without the calories! :thumbup:

I just talked with my kids tonight and they say some parts of the Cascades will be measuring their snow in feet. Might that include your area, too?
We live in the foothills of the Cascades, on the eastern side. Last time I checked outside we had about a 1/2" on the ground.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny

We live in the foothills of the Cascades, on the eastern side. Last time I checked outside we had about a 1/2" on the ground.[/quote]

My son sent me some pics he took of Snoqualmie Falls on Sunday. It, and all the turning trees were just as gorgeous as I remember them. We lived on the east side for a time many years ago. Enjoy your beautiful weather.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

love the valances. i had spider/airplane plants galore when living in Houston, Tx. they almost ran me out of the house. I ended up giving lots of them to a co-worker who was having a garage/yard sale.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:11 AM

awesome pics,great room