Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Share your Pineapple Quilts

Donna...I especially love the first quilt. Pattern name please?

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    Donna, they are fabulous!!! Isn't that tool the greatest! I love mine. However, I don't have anything finished to show you but I will...........
    That tool makes them failproof.

Congratulations on your well-deserved ribbons!

Quote Originally Posted by loisf View Post
    Your quilts are beautiful, Donna. Here is the only pineapple quilt I have made, obviously not one made with the tool.

Attachment 614599
    OMG I love these pineapples..thank you for sharing it, might have to be put on the list of quilts to make..wowwww

Quote Originally Posted by mimisue View Post
    Donna...I especially love the first quilt. Pattern name please?
    The first one was made with 2.5 inch squares and half square triangles. no pattern, it was super fun to make. I used island batik strips like a jelly roll, can't remember the name of the color line.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
    Some of my pineapple blocks in various stages of completion. They were made using Creative Grids rulers. The small 4 inch blocks were made using a Bloc Loc ruler. Most of the small ones were made using tiny scraps leftover from other projects. The Pineapple Block is my favorite block, and I sometimes have to force myself to use something other than Pineapple blocks when starting a new project.Attachment 614606Attachment 614607Attachment 614608Attachment 614609Attachment 614610Attachment 614611Attachment 614612
    those are sooo pretty, I am absolutely in love with pineapple blocks, was always afraid to try one until now and now I can't stop lol

Quote Originally Posted by MsHeirloom View Post
    I made this baby quilt from scraps after taking an on line class by Gyleen Fitzgerald.
    Your quilt is so precious, might have to make some baby quilts with the tool too.. this is such a fun block and so many ways to make it.

Your quilts and blocks are awesome!

I have a question about the pineapple tool. Ive been itching to make the off set pineapple block. Does anyone know if the pineapple tool will work for that?

Lovely quilts! I never really noticed howl much the pineapple blocks look similar to a cathedral window. I can’t wait to use my pineapple trim tool now.

Your pineapple quilts are really special. Perhaps I should consider getting the tool.

I love everyone’s pineapples! I just started mine and I just love, love, love the blocks.
    Lisa

All the quilts are amazing.I especially like this one, tho probably not the kind of pineapple quilt block we are used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by loisf View Post
    Your quilts are beautiful, Donna. Here is the only pineapple quilt I have made, obviously not one made with the tool.

Attachment 614599

Your quilts are amazing! Love you design wall … thanks for the great idea!

Blog Entries
    Such a wonderful variety of quilts..I made mine as a doll quilt exchange here on the board several years ago.Name:  2 mock pineapple.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  64.4 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

oksewglad-your quilt is so cute. I love looking at all of the pineapple quilts made up. All are so pretty.

Blog Entries
    I made this pineapple quilt 30 years ago. Then the pinks were more vibrant and the browns and black more exciting. This quilt is use all the time still. The blues have faded also. I used a heavier batting in this one so the kids when they were teenagers would cuddle with me and watch tv back in the day. Now it has be come a question of who will get this quilt after I am gone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
    I made this pineapple quilt 30 years ago. Then the pinks were more vibrant and the browns and black more exciting. This quilt is use all the time still. The blues have faded also. I used a heavier batting in this one so the kids when they were teenagers would cuddle with me and watch tv back in the day. Now it has be come a question of who will get this quilt after I am gone!
    How wonderful!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2