Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Small finishes from last year >

Small finishes from last year

Small finishes from last year

Old 01-10-2020, 08:07 AM

Vasallia, your pillows and (I hope they are) pot holders are pretty. Nice finish to a year behind us.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:08 AM

Beautiful projects, Vasilisa!
Old 01-10-2020, 05:36 PM

I for one like the size of the image. I took a screen shot of my home lap top with normal size (I usually enlarge so that I have to scroll to see the whole page). This was similar to what the computer at work showed, as well as my Windows Phone with desktop view.
good-size-little-finishes.jpg
vs post with thumbnail
thumbnail_little-finish.jpg

Since we are used to clicking the icon to the left of the smiley (which is available in quick reply) it seems like that would be acceptable since it is an onsite link and not offsite.

When I right clicked the thumbnail to "Open link in new tab" and I right clicked the original "View Image" so that I could click on the tabs, back and forth, I could tell no difference in the size of the image. When I saved the images and opened in my photo editor, I noticed that the size was under 100kb with 640x360 setting. This size is really close to the size that was recommended for years as to the size to post on the web (640x480). Yes, many have posted much larger pictures, but from what I have seen and posted, it is a perfectly acceptable size for posting on the web.

I am with several my age that have trouble with the small font and need to enlarge the page on a regular basis. I am sure I will eventually have to learn that I can't just close a picture if I want to go back to the original post, rather than scrolling through the page and look at the pictures.

I would think that being able to see the "full size" pictures (the size like in the original starting post or that we used to have) would be best, especially for tutorials where one needs to refer to the picture as well as the text without having to go back and forth between the windows/tabs, etc.

Also some thumbnails are such that there is hardly any detail, contrast, or dark that it makes it hard to see if you even want to see it full size. However, by seeing at 640x480 you might want to click and see if you can enlarge it. Some can be.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-10-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: additional thoughts.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:16 AM

I like your small finish projects. I especially like the leaf shaped item. All are very nicely made
Old 01-11-2020, 08:56 AM

Love the projects. Congrats on the finishes and working through the picture posting.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:43 PM

Thank you everyone for your praise.

PatriceJ - the image was uploaded into an album on these very forums. The link does not take you "God knows where". In all my threads in the Pictures forum I have always used the BB code links provided in the albums. While I can see the difference between uploading an image into the post directly and linking to album, I don't know what is wrong with the latter.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:38 AM

I like the leaves. The color palette you used is lovely on all the pieces. Nice job!