Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sneek peek - "Holiday Flourish 4" by Peggy Toole >

Sneek peek - "Holiday Flourish 4" by Peggy Toole

Sneek peek - "Holiday Flourish 4" by Peggy Toole

Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I for one can't wait to see it, Peggy! And thank you for popping in here on the forum!

I agree with Lori... your designs have surpassed what Hoffman has done the past couple of years. More innovative, less repetitive. And no weird, edgy color combinations. Of the various holiday collections that our shop carried last year, Holiday Flourish was the clear winner.

By the way, I've heard comments from a number of our customers that they like the burgundy and deep green tones for Christmas, and most of the collections available lately include lights and brights rather than the darks. So I believe your choice of crimson (deep red) and evergreen will be a hit with this segment of the market.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 AM

I have to hand most the credit for color choices on to the design department at Kaufman who select the colorways other than the Christmas red and green (which is usually my original colorway.) I started my career in the greeting card industry as a Christmas designer so card companies like to play it safe with very traditional colors. Kaufman attempts to carry their colorways over each year on the Holiday Flourish collection, so if quilters start a quilt one year and don't buy enough fabric, they can usually find a fabric to coordinate in the next year's collection. Kaufman will be pleased to know they are outselling Hoffmann. :-) Peggy
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 AM

Oh Lordy! I want them all!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in deep do-do! I bought a gazillion yards of Holiday fabrics last year when my local Ben Franklin had them at 75% off....said, now I am good for Christmas fabrics for a loooong time. Did good, until....Black Friday when bought just a yard or 2 I couldn't resist, dirt cheap at Joanns. Was so proud of my restraint....THEN....another Ben Franklin in an area I visit for work had theirs on sale for 70% off! They had most of a Bernardtex line "Noel" that I had seen a free pattern for. I wouldn't afford the material so I gave up, but there it was 70% off! What they didn't have, I could easily substitute. I am bad!

Gee, I wonder if after Christmas next year I can find these on sale...probably not, I don't think BF handles Kauffman. Maybe that is a good thing ;-)

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Peggy.Toole
I have to hand most the credit for color choices on to the design department at Kaufman who select the colorways other than the Christmas red and green (which is usually my original colorway.) I started my career in the greeting card industry as a Christmas designer so card companies like to play it safe with very traditional colors. Kaufman attempts to carry their colorways over each year on the Holiday Flourish collection, so if quilters start a quilt one year and don't buy enough fabric, they can usually find a fabric to coordinate in the next year's collection. Kaufman will be pleased to know they are outselling Hoffmann. :-) Peggy
Will there be a new "Tuscan WildFlower " this year?? It was so spectacular. It literally stopped me dead in my tracks , I just froze and stared at it , and of course brought some home. I still just stare at it , and the items I have made from it.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 AM

Probably not! Tuscan WildFlower 2 did not do too well. It was gone in a flash.

It really didn't get the publicity that Tuscan WildFlower 1 had gotten because it had been the 2007 Quilt Quest fabric. I believe TWF 2 released in the summer- not the best time. And sometimes the sequels just don't measure up to the original inspiration!

There is a mini sequel to Florentine coming out- don't know what stage it's at in production or when it will release. And as I mentioned to you before, "Jewels of India" a small experimental collection on tie-dye, is pre-ordering now at Kaufman.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Peggy.Toole
I believe TWF 2 released in the summer- not the best time.
Is there a better time of year for a collection to be released?
Old 01-29-2011, 08:44 AM

The January release shows at fall quilt market- that's the best release and when the Christmas collections release. Of course you don't really get the fabric until May! :-)

Figuring out converters' schedules is really the hardest part of designing fabric!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:53 AM

I can imagine! They mills must be pretty busy... and all the lines must get sandwiched in among the reprints of the "basics" too, right?

Your Christmas group is a sure winner, Peggy, we've pre-ordered and re-pre-ordered already and still aren't done!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:57 AM

These are maybe the best Holiday fabrics I've seen in years. Guess I'll be broke after these come out. Better start saving now. Love the large medallions. Looks like a OBW in the making to me. At the very least a really elegant table runner. Can't wait!

I am one of those people who no longer uses the bright red and green. Burgundys, Wines, Deep Greens, only and they have been really hard to find.

Thanks for hearing us!!!!!! Love the colors in these collections.