Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Snowman Quilt (Walking in a Winter Wonderland) >

Snowman Quilt (Walking in a Winter Wonderland)

Snowman Quilt (Walking in a Winter Wonderland)

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM

I LOVE IT !!!

I have this to do.... all the fabrics, the thread, the pattern.... not sure when I will get it done, but this pictures really makes me want to start it !

I've been thinking.... if I get the embroidery lines transfered onto the fabric, and have a panel, and needle and thread all ready to go by my sewing chair, well, that would be considered a 'start', wouldn't it ?

Looks like you did a wonderful job. Thanks for the inspiration !

Beth in ND
Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 PM

oooohhhh Love it. I can't decide if I want this pattern or "over the river.." nor can I decide what color to use :) Love the red :thumbup:
Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege
I just love your quilt ! I am working on the same quilt (blue).
iIhave 5 blocks done, but can't find my pattern to finish. I looked for for awhile. Would you be interested in selling your pattern? If not, that's okay, it's in my mess somewhere.
I'm not happy with the stitch I used,seems to thick.
Maybe It will end up being an UFO.
Oh, no not an UFO...I don't want to sell my pattern, and I hope you find yours...what stitch did u use? How many strands of embroidery thread did you use? Gosh, you already have 5 blocks done...that is a lot of work...do not give up...blue is pretty too..perhaps you can use less strands of thread and it won't be too bulky but then again, you already have 5 blks done & it might not look right...thankyou for your compliment. I am going to enter it in the quilt show here in April...:)
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Thankyou all for your generous compliments..yes, Beth from N. Dakota, that would be considered a "start." I love this pattern and Over the River pattern too...I have seen the Over the River pattern done in browns..it was pretty...anyway, thankyou. Elaine
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 PM

You did a beautiful job!!! I have the pattern, the hoops, the embroidery thread (all different PURPLES!) No redwork for me! LOL it is going to be Purple Work!! I have been buying fabrics for the squares around it but I havent bought the muslin yet. I think I am going to go with Moda Muslin Mates with the snowflakes just for a little different look. (Not the purple embroidery is different :))
I have to get going on it!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by shawnemily
You did a beautiful job!!! I have the pattern, the hoops, the embroidery thread (all different PURPLES!) No redwork for me! LOL it is going to be Purple Work!! I have been buying fabrics for the squares around it but I havent bought the muslin yet. I think I am going to go with Moda Muslin Mates with the snowflakes just for a little different look. (Not the purple embroidery is different :))
I have to get going on it!!!!
Thankyou so much! I was pretty proud when I finally completed it...Purple Work sounds neat...it's fun once you get started...u will have to post pics when you get started so we can see...:)