Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: SO... I Started a Scrappy LOL

SO... I Started a Scrappy LOL

This Was My Plan To Finaly Use the Fabric in My 'Scrap Basket'. IT was Very Very FULL! I thought if I make Say 24 blocks that would make a Good size 'Dent' Silly ME!
    As you Can tell from the Picture Not even Close to a Dent. As a matter fact I think ITS Growing Like the 'Blob' in that old Movie!LOL I think I could Sew for a Year and IT will Still Be there! Its a Magic Fabric Basket. HELP! I'm posting 2 Pic's one of My hall with the 'BLOB' and the Blocks so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Holy Moley is your basket full. I thought that mine was bad but you have me beat. I just have small pieces. Your quilt is going to be great, can't wait to see it finished.Thanks for sharing. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love your scrap basket and your blocks. It looks like fun to just dive in there and grab some scraps. I make string blocks with my scraps and find it very addictive. There is a soothing quality to just grabbing and sewing.

Blog Entries
    Oh MY!!! Looks like you have a lot of work to do.
    Nikki in MO

Oh there are so many beautiful potential quilts in that collection....what fun. Love the blocks you have done....keep us posted, you know how we love pics. Happy scrapping!

You are going to have a great quilt when it is finished! It looks like you have enough scraps to make several!

miss lori what have you done!!??? where are you in there with all those scraps??? the blocks look great! keep making them! i love your colors and they will be fantastic all put together! make a scrappy double irish chain????
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

O my, you do have a ton of scraps, wish I had even a portion of that kind of scraps I'd be in hog heaven.
    Nice Blocks your quilt well be so so pretty!!!
    May you always have Love to Share , Health to Spare, and Friends that Care!

I know what you mean about the "blob" I have one growing too! I really like your blocks, that is going to be an awesome quilt.
    will quilt 4EVER

Blog Entries
    Great start on the first of many (smiley face) scrap quilts. I like the different shapes you used on the colorful blocks. I have tamed my scraps by cutting blocks and strips. Rather ho-hum as contrasted with your blocks showing such movement. Quilt On!

LOL...Every time I use some my scraps I end up with more. I had one large tote and said that was all I was alloying myself...then there was two....and now I've a box and a basket I've added to the pile. So you're right It multiplies!

I love scrappy quilts. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Notice I said" They" LOL

So far so good! Keep on keeping on! Then when you're done, I'll send you my baskets
    One step at a time, always forward.

Looks good so far! I have to send my scraps to a new home or I too would be overrun with scraps! Your quilt will look great!

You do know that those scraps multiply when left alone in a sewing room don't you. LOL I have lots and lots and love them all! I love making scrappy squares. I make a lot of potholders out of mine. I have a quilt top done but haven't started the quilting process yet.

You have barely touched them, keep going. I love the ones you have done so far.
    DEB CAVAN

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    What a great scrap basket. My Mom loves to come to my house and "play" in my scrap basket.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose scrap basket looks such a jumble!!! I start to sort it out and then loose the will so they all end up getting tossed back in - but having seen yours I know I can do it and try to make some blocks that look as good as yours so keep us posted with your quilt progress

My guess is that you have enough scraps for 5-6 scrappy quilts if all that I saw were the scraps you can use. So, never fear, it feels like they multiply when you aren't looking!

You have to start somewhere and it looks like I can see some great blocks coming out of that scrap basket. Well done

oh yea..looks like my sewing area

Blog Entries
    Good reminder..I just bought some more fabric for a quilt, but I think I will first make up a bunch of scrappy string blocks first. To to use up some of my scraps. I have been making hook rugs, which has really helped alot. May try making another one of those to.

Just beautiful, great job and thank you for sharing. My scraps are the same. LOL
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

I see a lot of scrap quilts coming out of that basket. Your blocks are very colorful, going to be a great quilt

oh how I love playing with scraps.I have had some of the same fabrics as you.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast