Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some feathered meandering & loop sashing. >

Some feathered meandering & loop sashing.

Some feathered meandering & loop sashing.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by joyce j View Post
I want to make a braided quilt ,they are so pretty but I am chicken. joyce j
They are pretty, of course color & fabric choices make all the difference.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Beautifully done.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Pretty braids, and terrific quilting!!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joyce j View Post
I want to make a braided quilt ,they are so pretty but I am chicken. joyce j
Ditto. Lovely quilt. On my barrel list. Tell you what Joyce let's make one together. Flordia isn't that far from California (ha, ha). Not sure how many different fabrics to use. Oh well I will get one made someday. BrendaK
Old 07-29-2012, 08:01 AM

Wow the quilting is stunning!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty. I hope you don't take offense at this comment, it is moste definitely not meant to offend and I definitely don't want to start a whole controversy over CG vs hand guided LA. When I was a very new longarmer, I would look at posts like yours and get discouraged that I would never be that good. I would marvel at how people could get their motifs so perfectly symmetrical, always hit a backtrack and just make things look so amazingly perfect.

It was only as I got more into LA quilting that I learned to spot the difference between computer generated quilting like yours, and hand guided or free hand quilting. For the sake of new LA quilters and to help encourage them and to be completely honest with all members of our on line community who may consider using your services, could you please specify when your quilting photos are computer generated quilting or hand guided. Thanks and I so hope I did not offend.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 AM

feline fanatic, i could be wrong but i studied the repetitons in the pictures in the center and looks like hand guided quilting to me. either way, its very nice!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Very pretty. I hope you don't take offense at this comment, it is moste definitely not meant to offend and I definitely don't want to start a whole controversy over CG vs hand guided LA. When I was a very new longarmer, I would look at posts like yours and get discouraged that I would never be that good. I would marvel at how people could get their motifs so perfectly symmetrical, always hit a backtrack and just make things look so amazingly perfect.
It was only as I got more into LA quilting that I learned to spot the difference between computer generated quilting like yours, and hand guided or free hand quilting. For the sake of new LA quilters and to help encourage them and to be completely honest with all members of our on line community who may consider using your services, could you please specify when your quilting photos are computer generated quilting or hand guided. Thanks and I so hope I did not offend.
Your post doesn't offend me. On this particular quilt the field ( feathered meandering) was done with a paper pantograph pattern and a Laser light. When I bought my 1st machine that and free motion is all I did for the 1st 8 years.

All of the in-the-ditch work, most of which you can't see in the pictures I did free hand, the border and corner blocks were done with a computer. I could have done the entire quilt all HG or CG, but I would have had to buy the same patterns that I all ready had, in the different quilting disciplines.

I still do a lot of FH'd/LG'd work, but the computer is nice and provides one more tool to give the customer more options and value for their money. Personally I don't view (machine) "Computer" quilting any less legitimate or desirable then the other four disciplines, hand,(machine) freehand or (machine) laser guided.

If you have any questions about any quilt picture I post, please I'm more than happy to provide any/all information that I can.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 AM

Wow! fantastic quilting.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Looks great!!