Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some "Self-Binding Receiving Blankets" And A Super Nine Patch Set For My New Niece! >

Some "Self-Binding Receiving Blankets" And A Super Nine Patch Set For My New Niece!

Some "Self-Binding Receiving Blankets" And A Super Nine Patch Set For My New Niece!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Default Super 9 patch baby quilts

Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
Not that I know of. If you google search the Super 9 Patch, it should pull up instructions, but I don't think I've ever seen a tutorial, though.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns_d...er/patt230.pdf

This is a pattern by Anita Grossman Soloman. She has great techniques

Last edited by snipforfun; 08-16-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM

Default Self Binding quilt info

Thanks for the link and info.

QUOTE=Ps 150;5440935]It took quite a while to finish these with a really bad back, but they're done. And she was only a few months old when they got to her, today. My step sister finally had a girl, after giving me four beautiful nephews. So, she needed to be spoiled! I made her three of the self binding receiving blankets (tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's YouTube site), and I made her three quilts, using the Super Nine Patch pattern (you buy 1 yard of three coordinating fabrics and it gives you 3 quilts from 2 cuts of a rotary cutter). My sis loves owls, so I found a cute, vibrant owl print for the front, and a soft, fuzzy owl flannel print for the backing (the same fabric that I used in the flannel receiving blankets).

In all three quilts, I stippled around each and every owl in the white owl fabrics, I did crosshatch in all of the quilts on the pink fabrics, and I did a cloud pattern free motion quilting on the green fabrics in all of the quilts. However, I forgot to take any pictures of the quilts before I mailed them! Thankfully, I was sent pics today of the quilts and their new, cute quilt inspector!

The first picture is of her with her new receiving blanket and the second is of her on the back of a quilt with the tag. For each quilt, I bound and tagged it with the fabric that matched the center of that particular quilt. So, the binding on the pink centered quilt is pink and so is the tag on the back. That way, the binding wouldn't match either of the fabrics in the border.

They live in FL and I'm in NY, so I'm going to have to wait until February for our scheduled trip down there before I get to hold this little sweetie, but for now, I can live through pictures. Thanks for looking![/QUOTE]
Old 08-17-2012, 02:34 AM

Looks like an ad for baby items. : ) She's adorable and so are the quilts.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I love your super Nine Patch and your adorable model! I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool to do a super Nine Patch with another Super Nine Patch on the back?
I've done that. Used two fabrics and did the opposite on the back. (pink in corners and center on front; purples in corners and center on back).

Your work is beautiful and the baby is adorable.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 AM

Oh!! She is a cutie!!! And the quilts are so nice. You did good!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 AM

What a cutie. . . . and the super simple blankets are great also.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I love your super Nine Patch and your adorable model! I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool to do a super Nine Patch with another Super Nine Patch on the back?
I, too, LOVE Super 9-Patches & these are adorable! And while we're on the topic of "adorable", this new little baby girl is beyond adorable! It's no wonder you wanna get your hands on her! She's yummy!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

pretty baby and quilt
Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 AM

How pretty, the baby is too of course. I especially like the "cloud" free motion quilting.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 PM

Beautiful baby on a great quilt!