Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some of the things I've been working on >

Some of the things I've been working on

Some of the things I've been working on

Old 09-20-2010, 04:56 AM

The first pix is a table runner that I call Fiesta Swirls. It's made with Marilyn Doheny's 9 degree ruler. I didn't have a pattern, just figured it out on my own.

The second picture is some of the cupcake pincushions I've made using Dotty's instructions and also some I made using Partylite candle holders.

The third pix is me. The painting group I'm in had a tea last Saturday and we were supposed to all wear hats. I'm not a hat person and didn't have one so I made one from a Dollar Tree back rest, some netting, silk flowers and leaves, and my trusty hot glue gun. It was lots of fun and I won second place.

pincushions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91237[/ATTACH]

My hat and me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91288[/ATTACH]

The jagged edges are removed after quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92600[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91232.jpe   attachment-91283.jpe   attachment-92595.jpe  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Love the table runner....I just have to make some of those pincushions and OH MY! What a hat!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:01 AM

Very pretty stuff! I love your picture you did a great job on the hat!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:07 AM

Nice work. The pin cushions look good enough to eat.

You have a very pleasant smile.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 AM

Thank you all. I did change my pincushions a bit. Dotty uses a yo-yo for icing and being less energetic I just sewed on a piece of white polar fleece.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by raptureready
The first pix is a table runner that I call Fiesta Swirls. It's made with Marilyn Doheny's 9 degree ruler. I didn't have a pattern, just figured it out on my own.

The second picture is some of the cupcake pincushions I've made using Dotty's instructions and also some I made using Partylite candle holders.

The third pix is me. The painting group I'm in had a tea last Saturday and we were supposed to all wear hats. I'm not a hat person and didn't have one so I made one from a Dollar Tree back rest, some netting, silk flowers and leaves, and my trusty hot glue gun. It was lots of fun and I won second place.
I saw those back rests at Dollar Tree just this week and wondered if they really had any use. YEP, onviously! Perfectly good use! Darling!
The table runner is pretty dramatic too. I took a class or two with Marilyn Doheny at Houston years ago and have never made myself use the tools or techniques since (dummy!). Soon as this Military Barracks Quilt Project is complete, I'm determined to apply myself to doing so...thanks for the inspiration!

Jan in VA
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA

I saw those back rests at Dollar Tree just this week and wondered if they really had any use. YEP, onviously! Perfectly good use! Darling!
The table runner is pretty dramatic too. I took a class or two with Marilyn Doheny at Houston years ago and have never made myself use the tools or techniques since (dummy!). Soon as this Military Barracks Quilt Project is complete, I'm determined to apply myself to doing so...thanks for the inspiration!

Jan in VA
Oh use the tools! You can create some fabulous things with her rulers. As soon as I get my quilts done for Christmas I'm going to make a tree skirt. I'd also like to make a quilt with a big figure 8 in the center using the wedge ruler.
BTW: those back rests work great on your sewing chair, in the car or anywhere else your back needs some extra support.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:29 AM

I did the figure 8 for a wall hanging.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91356.jpe  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:39 AM

Oh, Featherweight, that's GORGEOUS!!!! Now you've made me want to put away my quilts and start on this one!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 AM

Oh, Featherweight, that's GORGEOUS!!!! Now you've made me want to put away my quilts and start on this one!
Thank you. I have to admit that the first one I tried went into the closet until I got done fuming... The second one went together much faster and better. Thanks again :thumbup: