Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sometimes you wonder...now you don't have to! >

Sometimes you wonder...now you don't have to!

Sometimes you wonder...now you don't have to!

Old 10-24-2013, 02:24 PM

It is so good to hear how you are helping the less fortunate in Poland. Keep up the good work and. It is all worth it and shows in the lady's smile on receiving your lovely quilt. Thank you for sharing. I was so choked up with emotion when I read your post. Thank you for reminding me how fortunate I am.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 PM

​what a beautiful gift you gave and the beautiful smile on her face tells it all. Thank you for being who you are.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:52 PM

The story and picture were wonderful and you are a blessed person for sharing both your time and quilts with others!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 PM

i think its beautiful. your story, your quilts, the sparkle in the gal's eyes. you do a beautiful thing by warming the hearts of so many just one at a time.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post

I do hope you asked the lady's permission, before posting her picture on the internet.
When I give a quilt, I give it with only one condition...and that is that they let me take their picture. If they don't want to let me take their picture, then they don't get a quilt. It's that simple.

There are no other requirements and it is for sure that I don't go back later and check to make sure that the recipient is taking care of his/her quilt.

I have people who sometimes give me quilt tops and I need to send the picture to them to show them who got the quilt, etc. or I just put them up as a recipient and show a group shot of recipients. So, the only thing I promise to do with the picture is to not put it in a local newspaper.

It is good for people who receive to be aware that people who give need to know where their gifts went. If people want to be "receivers in secret", then they need to look for help from someone who doesn't have to be accountable to anyone--like a gov't agency.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Good for you and good for her!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:52 AM
Power Poster

What a wonderful experience. You are giving of yourself. To add to your saying, many times it is difficult for someone to receive a gift. I always say, "My Bible says it is more blessed to give than it is to receive. And, if someone wants to do something for you, you don't have the right to take that blessing away from them." And, you are a true blessing. If you would like, PM me your address and I will check on sending you some of my scraps. I know they will be used. GOD Bless
Old 10-25-2013, 02:54 AM

Thank you for the heartwarming story. Bless you for what you do, the lady looks very happy to have such a beautiful treasure to keep her warm.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:30 AM

Thank you for this story and the great pictures. I have wondered why you moved to Poland in the first place, but I guess that would be another story.......
Old 10-25-2013, 03:41 AM

I am reading this at 6:40 a.m. at the coffee shop. Beautiful story. It has warmed me far more than even my cup of coffee.