Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spent my refund on this :)

Blog Entries
    Here is what i spent my refund on.....

Sewing cart/bag whatever you call it its awesome
    Name:  Attachment-4708.jpe
Views: 54
Size:  60.6 KB

Pinking scissors and rotary blade cutter holder
    Name:  Attachment-4889.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  37.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    more......

1/2 yd each @ 5.99 a yard
    Name:  Attachment-5328.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  78.2 KB

14.99 on sale
    Name:  Attachment-5349.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  53.9 KB

.99 on sale
    Name:  Attachment-5350.jpe
Views: 45
Size:  41.5 KB

OHHHHH....nice!
    We didn't get a refund this year....but between federal and state taxes, we broke even, so that's a good thing. I can't wait for that Stimulus check to come in. That's my trip to Hong Kong!!

Blog Entries
    more......

graphing paper 5.99
    Name:  Attachment-5462.jpe
Size:  54.3 KB

2.99 a yard on sale
    Name:  Attachment-5563.jpe
Size:  72.3 KB

9.99 a yard got 2 yds
    Name:  Attachment-5623.jpe
Views: 46
Size:  40.0 KB

Blog Entries
    more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    This was the stimulus check :)

Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    This was the stimulus check :)
    WOW!! Ours isn't going direct deposit. With the move and all, didn't get that part of the tax stuff done. Next year it will go DD.
    Will have to wait for IRS to mail my check......

O Henry, I want to come to your house and play! Good choices. I wished we would have gotten one of those checks too! O the things I could purchase!

Blog Entries
    I am glad that mine went direct deposit :) and all the ladies at Joann's were happy to see me today. :)

Blog Entries
    I had been dreaming of what I could purchase when I went there today.:)

I spent money today but mine did not come from the check that a lot of people got :cry: O well, maybe next year I will at least get a small return of some kind. Until then I will just keep hiding things from my DH! LOL

Psst, I dont really hide things from him. He is just not aware of the ACTUAL amount I do make! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by c2cd2008
    I spent money today but mine did not come from the check that a lot of people got :cry: O well, maybe next year I will at least get a small return of some kind. Until then I will just keep hiding things from my DH! LOL

Psst, I dont really hide things from him. He is just not aware of the ACTUAL amount I do make! LOL
    LOL

I think Joanns, when I get to go to the actual store, welcomes me with open arms. lol Would love to be able to get to a REAL fabric store again, but I can dream......

When I work, we use hubbys check to pay household bills and whatnot and my checks are for play. Works out great that way. Hmmm....maybe I need a job so I can play more? ;)

You've got to love JoAnn's! I especially love the $.99 fat quarters. Have to restrain myself when they go on sale--I already own way too many!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well--that's exactly what the government wanted you to do with it. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Henry, the politicians would give you a standing applause!!! Looks great to me, have fun with it!

Heck! I am giving you much applause!! You go guy!! You will absol. love those rulers!! They are my right hand in quilting!! You won't know how you did w/o them! I like what you did w/your check...so much more fun then what we will be doing!!:))(((Good Job Henry!)))) Skeat

Henry, I hope you do not mind but I showed my 14yo SS your threads showing your work and your new toys. He is interested in quilting but see's it as a "girl thing" and I wanted to show him that tough guys sew too and in fact make some pretty neat stuff! He was very happy to see your work and I feel like you being here has helped him understand that tough guy's can create with stitches too! Thanks for being here and showing my SS that he doesnt have to be afraid of the creativeness he has inside!

President Bush will just be so proud of you, Henry. (and I love those fat quarters, I got an ad in the mail and that .99 price tag keeps calling me...)

Henry, You did a fantastic job getting that money back into the economy!! :D I hope to do the same. What is the sewing bag called and what company makes it? I would like to get one. Thanks.

Great choices - i have a few of the books and they are great and the 12.5 X 12.5 ruler is the best. I have worn mine out and need a new one.

Blog Entries
    Harmony- I love those too :)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Skeat

Blog Entries
    Hi c2cd2008---

I do not mind at all. Quilting isn't just a "girl thing". My grandfather before me quilted. And he made some really great things. The one thing he ever made for me I cherish the most. He has been gone for 20 years this August but I still have the full size quilt he made me before he died in 1988 of brain cancer. Tell your SS to not let anything stop the creativeness inside. Create and be proud of what you can create. (P.S my wife can't sew at all)

O Henry, that is so cool that you have a quilt that was made for you by your grandfather. My DH has one his grandfather made him as well and last year I had it re-done becuase he had used it and used it and used it some more! LOL

My SS was in awe and as he says "A dude" could made such neat pretty things. He cracked me up earlier, as much as he has seen me sew pieces of fabric together, he somehow has in his head you just butt he pieces together and sew them up! LOL I have been teaching him right side to right side tonight. Were working on a special quilt for his daddy using Ole Miss fabrics. Daddy just wanted 4inch squares, which I am not keen on because I dont feel like I am being very creative but thats what he asked for, thats a pretty simple start for my SS though and he is wanting the topper to hurry and get finished because he wants so bad to use the frame. I think that the part that intriques him the most.

I am glad you did not mind me showing him the pictures you have posted here, trust me they are much enjoyed, you do great work!

Quote Originally Posted by c2cd2008
    Henry, I hope you do not mind but I showed my 14yo SS your threads showing your work and your new toys. He is interested in quilting but see's it as a "girl thing" and I wanted to show him that tough guys sew too and in fact make some pretty neat stuff! He was very happy to see your work and I feel like you being here has helped him understand that tough guy's can create with stitches too! Thanks for being here and showing my SS that he doesnt have to be afraid of the creativeness he has inside!
    I think it is great you are introducing your son to quilting and showing him that it isn't just a "girl thing". lol. Kudos to you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast