Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Splendid Sampler >

Splendid Sampler

Splendid Sampler

Old 07-03-2016, 04:14 AM

You are busy having fun! I will take a look at the link, thanks.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:21 AM

love the earth block
Old 07-03-2016, 05:18 AM

Hi Kitsie,

I did not realize that the Splendid Sampler was such small blocks. I really like how yours are coming along. Looks like it is going to be a pretty sampler.

But....I really can't wait to see how your Gypsy Wife quilt comes out too. I fell in love with this pattern when it came out. But, Not letting myself start anything new right now. I have lots of oldies I need to fall in love with again and finish. (UFO's!) And, I haven't found a must have fabric line for Gypsy Wife yet. Who knows, maybe another scrappy someday.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and links. I've thought about the Splendid Sampler. But, right now, I think it's too big a commitment for me. Maybe your pictures will change my mind. Can't wait to see more.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:44 AM

Oh how I love those blocks, especially the button flowers! I have a "thing" about buttons...lol
Old 07-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

very nice, love the Earth one with the emb.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Kitsie, I have been following the Splendid Sampler since Pat Sloan kicked it off... I love how different all the blocks are. Unfortunately, summer is crazy for me so I am now behind in my Gypsy wife and the splendid sampler blocks but keep printing the patterns for my binder.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

very nice job!!
Old 07-03-2016, 08:22 AM

Thanks, Judith. The Gypsy Wife is safely stowed right now. All the blocks are done and that's the fun part for me. As I found, its quite large and I have neither another large wall or extra bed! Going to put up a magnetic display wall - "Heavy Duty Design Wall" as shown in the Tutorials section by Shorebird so that I can swap out quilts. Right now my Jane Stickle has pride of place and I'm not moving her!

As for fabrics, I bought one FQ bundle and all the rest are from my "left overs", and am using them again for this one! I've never sorted my stash so its an adventure opening totes and finding some great fabrics! Try a block or two from time to time!

If you can, book mark or download the blocks for Splendid. They are not hard to do and you can make one up quickly to store - like having a break from other projects.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:26 AM

Don't think of yourself as "being behind", They can be done in ones or two any week, month or year! Think of the pleasure you have waiting for you! Give yourself a treat from time to time and do a block!
Old 07-03-2016, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
The 2nd picture needs antennae to make the corners into butterflys (another job for my dear cousin as well as finishing the decorative stitches on the blue flowers).
Dear cousin can't wait to come down and do the decorative stitching - she is bringing her embroidery flosses with her and will gladly decorate the beautiful blocks you are making! See you soon....xo