Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Stars in My Garden - The How To! >

Stars in My Garden - The How To!

Stars in My Garden - The How To!

Old 05-08-2011, 02:26 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi Shelley, I'm wanting to try this technique on a quilt and wondered if you ever got that video to work. I looked on your blog for the instructions but couldn't see them. Probably all I need to know is what brand of crayons or paints you used and how they are set into the fabric. I want to colour in an FMQd design on an already basted quilt - some of the products I've researched require you to iron from the back to heat set which obviously won't work in this case! Also, many seem to give quite a heavy coloured effect which isn't what I want in this case. I've done a search on the board and looked at various examples of this technique and yours gives the best subtle shading effect that I'm after. Thanks in advance... I'll also send this to you by PM in case you don't see this but thought I'd post publicly as well in case others found the info interesting. :-D

Doh! I missed your post on the last page about the pigma pencils and dharma setting agent - I'll go and google... Could you tell me the brand name of the pencils though? I'm in the UK and don't have a JoAnn's. :?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:28 AM

Beautiful!