Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Stash and other stuff >

Stash and other stuff

Stash and other stuff

Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 PM

You know, I don't separate fat quarters and small pieces. Might be part of my problem! But I've found that I like having everything in one place. So, do you all separate large pieces and small pieces? How do you like it?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 AM

By using the dividers I can put all the pieces neatly folded and have a second divider so I can stack all the fat quaters that go with both sections (the one on either side) - Little stuff goes in my bin for scrap -once a year or so I pull the scrap bins out and have a day of cutting squares, strips, etc with a friend who loves to help (she has OCD and love this type of activity) - those go in baskets by size/item although I have found the dishwasher containers for the soap packets make wonderful see through holders and can be stacked neatly on the shelves.

I am very random and when an idea srikes I get absorbed in it so then I can find my "paints" - that I need and I can also see when I am low on a color - I also keep a special area just for batiks and another for pieces large enough to be quilt backs. I buy on sale and in clearance houses as much as I can so the investment of $$ is much less but the quality is excellent - I also go through periodically and give a bag of what I really am sick of or scraps to a day out program that my neighbor runs - the people love to feel fabric and play with colors - some run treaddle machines ad make small quilts!