Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Suggestions please!!!

In our quilting group we were all given a piece of this material, with which we have to make a lapquilt for our Christmas swap. Now we are allowed to use up to 4-5 other materials/colours with it. Have you got any suggestions what pattern/blocks I could use? I have a couple of ideas myself but wanted to see what came from you ladies, with so much more experience :D I'm excited to get your feedback. :lol: Thanks a lot for your help! :thumbup:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disappearing 9 patch?

Power Poster
    It depends on how much work you want to do? If the circles are about 3 inches? you could use them in the inside piece of Drunkard's Path. You could cut out and applique the circles onto a background square and then cut in quarters and reassemble. The circles would look great appliqued in the middle of Dresden Plate blocks. How about just using a pattern you've been wanting to try to experiment with? I think a 3-D pinwheel may look cute with the circles fussy cut out. Warm wishes would look nice with the big blocks in the circle fabric and picking a couple of colours from the fabric for the sashing. The possiblilities are endless. Have Fun!

I'd figure out how to fussy cut those flowers for a center block about 3-4" center and then a star or anything else to go around it...
    judy

Blog Entries
    I would use the 10 minute block and fussy cut a flower in each joining square.

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    Like your idea!!! :lol: 10 min. block didn't come to my mind. I think I will take your advice and get some plain matching colours for around and this material for the middle block. Thank you!!! :thumbup:

I don't know. I would have to think on it for a while.

When I look at the fabric, I don't see flowers, I see large, startled eyes. I searched and found this pic on google images

A big-eyed cockatoo would be fun, too.

Inspiration for Aussie Eyes lap quilt
    Name:  Attachment-252137.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  10.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron
    When I look at the fabric, I don't see flowers, I see large, startled eyes. I searched and found this pic on google images

A big-eyed cockatoo would be fun, too.
    Great idea!!! That would be a very unique quilt!!!!!!!! Hope you post your end creation!!

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    Me too!

Great inspiration here on the forum. Go to this link and you just may get an idea or two here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/s-5-1.htm
    This is a link of quilts from our forum members.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    BQ2

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    BQ2
    Seen some of the pictures of this BQ2 on the board. Is there a tutorial somewhere or can someone help me where to get this pattern??? Is that the "real" name of it??? Lots of silly questions he.... :?