Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on quilting Spring Beauty?

I have had this made for awhile & I am a little stumped as to how I want to quilt it. It needs to be finished!

Do you have suggestions for me, please? (Please keep in mind that I am a hand quilter!)

TIA! Riley

Spring Beauty
    Name:  Attachment-6758.jpe
Views: 412
Size:  41.9 KB

That is a very pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing.

WOW!!! That is beautiful! So many ways you could quilt it. Just doodle some ideas on paper until you come up with a winner. :D

Wow! What a gorgeous quilt! I'm no help on the 'how to quilt it' problem. I have the same difficulty with my quilts. Decisions!!! Meanwhile you've got a beauty there! Have fun!

That is breath taking

Thanks anyway--I appreciate you looking & for your very kind compliments . Riley

Beautiful Quilt. As for an idea on how to quilt it. I'm sorry I fell in to that trap recently of giving an opinon or thought, And I got politely snubbed, so I won't make that mistake again. But your quilt is beautiful, and I'm sure what ever you decide is best.

Oh, I am so sorry Rebecca! I am sure that was not the intent to snub your suggestion?

Perhaps I should not have ask for opinions, did not mean to stir the waters.

I read a lot, admire more than a lot, just don't post much. Surely do enjoy the talents here.

Riley

Oh, I just love it. Since you hand quilt, I would suggest showing off your skill in the white areas. Something floral and frou frou? It's lovely as a top, I can't wait to see it hand quilted. :D

I think with this quilt, I'd bite the pocketbook & have it machine quilted with a large overall pattern. The quilt pattern itself is so detailed & so colorful, I wonder if all the work put into hand quilting would be overlooked.

Thank you, AnneMarie....and all others. I appreciate all suggestions.

I hand pieced the quilt(as is my preferred method) & will probably keep the quilting simple--just needed a suggestion as to what, when & where. :) Riley

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous, Riley. (I know that's not an answer to your question but I just had to put my two cents in.......) I love the colors, wow what a lot of planning...

I only hand quilted a couple of quilts. It's not my forte, nor is it my joy. Therefore, I cannot offer any advice, sorry. I can, however, re-state, that is one GORGEOUS quilt!!!!

M

I'm back and have an opinion! Ha! You can ignore it too! I would take a 'minimalist' approach since the piecing is so intricate and beautiful. I think I would stitch in the ditch around each block and then quilt a flower or some do-dad in the center of each block. Then put something a little more fancy in the border. There, an opinion. :lol:

I like to hand quilt butterflys and bees fluttering around flowers and in the ditch on blocks. Beautiful quilt top. Love the colors and design

All RIGHT, Ladies! I really like your opinions!
    The rust is beginning to slip off the cogs upstairs in the brain department! S*L*O*W*L*Y the cogs are trying to turn.... :)

Thank you! Riley

Since you don't have any "open" areas, I would just outline quilt around each piece of colored fabric, including the applique. If it needs more quilting in that area, I would do vertical channel quilting, about 2" apart, there, not quilting over the applique pieces (allowing them to stand out in relief).

It's a beautiful quilt.

Your colors are just awesome. You have a good eye! Beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt. Love the colors.

Mary

Riley
    I'm sorry if what I said , sounded as tho it was towards you. It was'nt At all. It was'nt this post. It's just when some ask for opinons, and you offer one, there seems to be a tendency to be ignored. Or no reply at all, So I have learned my lesson, and graciously bough out. But I have to restate, Your quilt is beautiful, and what ever you choose. I'm sure will only enhance it. Again I humbley apoligize for, not being clearer on the subject.

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, that is one beautiful quilt! I would have to agree with some of the other posts here. I'd quilt in the ditch around most of the piecing, if you want to do some more..I would quilt diagonally (both ways) in the pieced center section. I'd quilt around the applique and maybe 1 echo just to make it "pop". Then quilt in the ditch around the very outside border so as not to draw your eye away from the inner sections. Good luck...if you are tired of it before you are done...I'll be sure to give it a good home :lol: Its beautiful!!!

This is beautiful. Again, I'm in awe of the talents we see on this board. Thank you for sharing. Sorry I can't give you any insight in how to quilt it...I just always take mine to the quilter and ask her to tell me what she thinks will look best so I'm no help...

GORGEOUS!

I agree with Yvonne - the piecing is so beautiful I'm sure a very minimal amount of quilting (in the ditch maybe or quarter inch from some seams) would be a good idea??? Just a suggestion!!

Blog Entries
    I have absolutely no opinion on how to quilt since my experience is slightly above how much opinion I have, :lol: , but I must chime in here that that is a gorgeous quilt!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast