Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Shirt Quilt Top

Great Quilt!

It's fantastic! I love T-shirt quilts - they are so personal. That's what I love about so many qullts and what I think makes them all treasures for not only those here now to enjoy, but for those left when we're gone. My husband is a big Nascar fan - I especially love your checkered border :thumbup:

I like the large motifs. Good job!

I have a bag of my son's t-shirts waiting for me to get brave enough to cut into them. What do you suggest? I have a few books with instructions. Just can't get started.

Quote Originally Posted by ICQuilts14162
    It's fantastic! I love T-shirt quilts - they are so personal. That's what I love about so many qullts and what I think makes them all treasures for not only those here now to enjoy, but for those left when we're gone. My husband is a big Nascar fan - I especially love your checkered border :thumbup:
    I lucked out on the checkered fabric... found it for 4.99 a yard plus 40% off. It is an older fabric called Camp Christmas J. Wecker-Frisch Licensed to SSI. It is more like a plaid than checked.

Quote Originally Posted by pmintpat
    I have a bag of my son's t-shirts waiting for me to get brave enough to cut into them. What do you suggest? I have a few books with instructions. Just can't get started.
    You can send them to me...I'm really brave, I'll cut into anything.

:P

What a wonderful job. These are so popular right now and I say hooray - anything to get the younger generation to appreciate quilts and quilting.

Banned
    Great job!

Seriously this time... Measure the shirts designs(length and width of designs) so you will know the maximum inches that the blocks need to be. I like to have a least and inch or so of t-shirt left on the outside of the design. I would sketch out a block arrangement for the size of quilt you want to make. If you are able to cut you designs to be all one size then a simple layout like I did would work fine. If there aren't all the same size you can add extra that you have cut off another shirt to make them come out the same size. There are other options, you could probable find numerous photo on this site showing different designs.

I used Pellon light weight fusible non-woven interfacing #906F for the back side of the shits to keep them from stretching and make it easy to cut with a rotary cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by pmintpat

What's not to love? This is one of the best T-Shirt quilts I have seen. I really need to make one out of my son's saved baseball shirts.

That's amazing! It looks great.

Blog Entries
    Great quilt, those must be large tshirts. A good idea for anyone wanting to make one sometime is to buy the large or XL ones.

I'm sure he'll love this quilt! Do you have any suggestions (do and don'ts) on making a t-shirt quilt. I want to make one but I'm procrastinating because I'm really clueless.

Nice! I think he'll definitely like it!

It looks great. Can I ask if you are using a patter? I have a box full of my daughter's high school tshirts and would like to start working on a quilt.

It looks great. Can I ask if you are using a patter? I have a box full of my daughter's high school tshirts and would like to start working on a quilt.

He's going to be so thrilled with what you did. Fantastic.

Wow! Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by normasews
    Here is a picture of a quilt I did for a girl. It used all here sports shirts from head start through high school.

Julie's t-shirt quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32246-1.htm

Very Nice, love the colors in the t-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by donnacollierbess
    I'm sure he'll love this quilt! Do you have any suggestions (do and don'ts) on making a t-shirt quilt. I want to make one but I'm procrastinating because I'm really clueless.

I haven't made that many t-shirt quilts, so not sure I'm qualified to hand out any Do and Dont's.
    I found Goose Tracks Quilts web site the other day, it has free basic instructions for t-shirt quilts.
    This is the site I got the idea to use the Pellon 906F fusible interfacing...it is much better than what I had used on some of the other quilts I made.

Great Job on the T Shirt Quilt. Have yet to make one.

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Now that's a keeper. He'll love it!

I know my son would ,and my husband would love it too. It looks great i think he will like it to. If he does'nt there would be a lot out here that would take it off your hands for you.haha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast