Table runner and placemats

Table runner and placemats

Old 04-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

glad your back, and those are beautiful. God bless. Penny
Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 AM

Thanks all for the kind words.

Michelle D,
I didn't really have a pattern for the place mats, just drew a simple design out, I may still be able to find the paper, or I'll measure it and give you the measurements. I am a new quilter too, only completed one quilted wall-hanging. So if I can do this, I am certain you can.:)

mpeters1200,
I am on the road this weekend, but I'll check my magazine and let you know the name and edition number. If you wish, I can send you a copy of the pattern,.

stillwaters,
Like I said, I am on the road today, but I'll check on the floral fabric for you and let you know. I bought it online a year or two ago from a store that was getting rid if their fabric, I'll see if what I have left still have the maker name. How much do you need? I should have at least one yard left, if you wish I can possibly trade it with you. But mine is washed.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:04 AM

Thank you, I'll need about 5 yards for my quilt borders, so if I can't still find this fabric, I'll have to find something else. But I'd sure like to try to find this one! I love it! I hope you can find the manufacturer's name. I really appreciate that you'd take the time to look. Be safe on the road!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 AM

I would definitely be interested in the placemats you made to match them. I think they are very cute and match the tablerunner very well.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 AM

Absolutely beautiful. Make some pot holders to match too!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM

The pattern for the table runner is from the Quilter World Magazine, October 2008 issue. It seems like you can still buy it from their website here http://www.e-patternscentral.com/det...7&source=EPCQQ
Sorry, I don't have the magazine with me right now, or I would have sent it to whoever needs it.

One thing about the table runner pattern though, I noticed that the cutting measurements for the border were a little off in the pattern. I always piece my top and measure it before cutting the borders, and I was glad I did with this. The thing was that I ended up with the same size table runner as specified by the pattern. Just heads up here.

Also, stillwaters, the border fabric is from Benartex, called Flower Mart: Primroses Gold Rust, style # 3005. I found on one website for $9.35 (ouch). Here is the website, I sure hope you can find it cheaper.
http://berninabillings.com/catalog/p...c9de3d3b5d1738
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Really pretty!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Candi,
I can't thank you enough! I'll begin my search right away - but $9.35 a yard is right in the ballpark for quilting fabric here. I can't believe you even provided a website! You are awesome!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by stillwaters
Candi,
I can't thank you enough! I'll begin my search right away - but $9.35 a yard is right in the ballpark for quilting fabric here. I can't believe you even provided a website! You are awesome!!!
You are welcome. Don't forget to post a photo of the finished quilt :D
Old 04-27-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by stillwaters
Candi,
You are welcome. Don't forget to post a photo of the finished quilt :D
You got it! I'll be working on it through the summer, I'm sure - but I will post the picture "hot off the sewing machine"! I ordered 5 yards of the fabric from Bernina Sewing Center (the site you gave me) yesterday. And today they called and said they only have 3 5/8 yards of it. So I'm taking that and will continue to hunt for more. I could make smaller borders and add a contrast color - so we'll see! I may have to name this quilt "Candi"! :lol: