Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teddy bear from nine patch blocks

I whipped together a little teddy bear from some some 6 1/2" nine patch blocks. He went together pretty fast. Think next time I will make some larger bears.

Sitting
    Name:  Attachment-9958.jpe
Views: 142
Size:  40.9 KB

Nine patch bear
    Name:  Attachment-9959.jpe
Views: 118
Size:  43.7 KB

Other side of bear
    Name:  Attachment-9965.jpe
Views: 143
Size:  46.3 KB

That is wayyy too cute!
    He'd look good sitting on the top of my desk ;)

Blog Entries
    He is absolutely HUGGABLE :D :D You are so talented! Would love to seee more :D :D

So cute.

He is so cute!!! I would like one how about sharing the pattern???
    Bebe

Izy
    he is sooo cute!! Do you have a pattern you could share with us?? :D

He's adorable!!

Blog Entries
    Cute! I wonder about the pattern too.

Quote Originally Posted by bebe
    Bebe
    The pattern is free at this addy: http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hsh17/sect1.htm

I traced the pattern pieces onto fusable paper then cut out the pattern pieces and I fused the patterns onto the muslin, removed the paper backing of the fusable muslin patterns and fused the muslin patterns onto the nine patchs. Worked well but I think next time I will make larger teddy bears. It was a bit of a challenge turning body parts right side out and materials were pretty stiff to sew seams after stuffing.

I feel very inadequate next to all of ya'll. That bear is so adorable!
    How did you come up with him--did you see a pattern somewhere? Its really cute :D

Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    I feel very inadequate next to all of ya'll. That bear is so adorable!
    How did you come up with him--did you see a pattern somewhere? Its really cute :D
    You shouldn't feel inadequate. We all started out not knowing how to do things. Just jump right in and experiment making something. I found some of the projects I take on are not the exact replica of what I started out to do and if I make mistakes, I learn from them and sometimes the mistakes I make on one project will work in the next. When I taught school I used to tell my second graders, "There is no such word as 'can't" try 'i will try".

Quote Originally Posted by barbsbus
    I whipped together a little teddy bear from some some 6 1/2" nine patch blocks. He went together pretty fast. Think next time I will make some larger bears.
    "whipped together" :?: :shock: :lol: That is so awesome I just want to reach in the screen and grab him (or her). Thanks for the site. Going to try my hand at one when I get a little time. :D

Barb, have you made bears before. In the instructions is states this pattern is for expirenced bear makers. :shock: :?: I have never made a bear. Hey I have never stuffed anything untill a week ago. We did a doll swap here for 6 inch dolls and you had to make Two. Mine are so silly. Anyway just wanted to know how much experience is needed. :D

I traced the pattern pieces onto fusable paper then cut out the pattern pieces and I fused the patterns onto the muslin, removed the paper backing of the fusable muslin patterns and fused the muslin patterns onto the nine patchs. Worked well but I think next time I will make larger teddy bears. It was a bit of a challenge turning body parts right side out and materials were pretty stiff to sew seams after stuffing. [/quote]

Dp you think it was better to fuse to the muslin than the patches? I was thinking of just fusing to the patches, but I guess fusing to the muslin first makes it much more durable, with not so many seam that could come out. ? Gosh I guess I want you to teach me............ :D

What a clever bear! He has such personality! Nice job!

I would like ro make the bears out of necktie pieces for kids in hospital but can;t get pattern on pop-up. It just won;t stay on my computer. [email protected]

HELP ME PLEASE. IT'S THE CUTEST BEAR I'VE EVER SEEN.

I can send you the pattern via e-mail.

He is so cute! I have a hard enough time with quilt blocks that lay flat!

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    i love it cute bears ,i can see you making more for gifts and selling for holidays can,t wail to see the larger ones ,when you,r ready and have a couple made and taking orders let me know keep up the cute work nellie

ooooooooooooooooooooooh I loooooooooooooove him!! I collect bears!!!! He would look soooooooooo perfect in my sewing room!!!! what a neat idea to use up!! hmm I might have to check out that pattern!! ooh I love him!! Imagine if he was made out of fabric motif fabrics!! I have a pile of those and love to collect those kinds of fabrics!! Down the road I plan to make a Mason Jar shelf wallhanging. Every mason jar will have some kind of sewing motif fabric in it. I think it would look cute in my sewing room!!

ooooooh I love that bear!! he is toooooooooo cute!

Quote Originally Posted by nellie
    i love it cute bears ,i can see you making more for gifts and selling for holidays can,t wail to see the larger ones ,when you,r ready and have a couple made and taking orders let me know keep up the cute work nellie
    they would be cute in Christmas fabrics too!!

Wow, you just 'whipped him together'? Yup, talented and creative.

If you whipped him together, which to me sounds like you did it kinda quick, you probably would make big bucks selling these bears (is the pattern copyrighted, I didn't notice). They would make great gifts for Christmas, birthdays, gee every imaginable gift time would be perfect.

I really am impressed and love this little guy.

hugs sue

Quote Originally Posted by wraez
    Wow, you just 'whipped him together'? Yup, talented and creative.

If you whipped him together, which to me sounds like you did it kinda quick, you probably would make big bucks selling these bears (is the pattern copyrighted, I didn't notice). They would make great gifts for Christmas, birthdays, gee every imaginable gift time would be perfect.

I really am impressed and love this little guy.

hugs sue
    I try looking to see if it is copyrighted and what I think is it is an old pattern that has been around for a long time. Most teddy bear patterns are. You are right, if she can "whip them up" it would be a good seller for sure! :D

Blog Entries
    hi donnarea please send me the teddy bear pattern thank you so much just so cute what a treat to add to sewing room nellie

Quote Originally Posted by barbsbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bebe
    Bebe
    The pattern is free at this addy: http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hsh17/sect1.htm

I traced the pattern pieces onto fusable paper then cut out the pattern pieces and I fused the patterns onto the muslin, removed the paper backing of the fusable muslin patterns and fused the muslin patterns onto the nine patchs. Worked well but I think next time I will make larger teddy bears. It was a bit of a challenge turning body parts right side out and materials were pretty stiff to sew seams after stuffing.

Here is the addy again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast