Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Tested clothing pattern block >

Tested clothing pattern block

Tested clothing pattern block

Old 05-17-2009, 06:18 AM

You all are such smart cookies!:)So cute! I did try to find those or anything that resembled those blocks and came up dry! They are sorta like the 'miss jump' pattern from brannock and she based her blocks w/a antique quilt. If it were me, I'd send a pic to a museum curator that handles quilts and see if there is a history on them somewhere. Would be really interesting to see..>Skeat
Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Pam, can you post how to assemble the blocks please, I mean what pieces to sew in order.

Thanks
I pieced them in order of...

Embellish first anything that will be sewn into a seam.

Sew the two side triangles to the skirt/pant legs. (see modification on sleeves)

Sew the bottom large triangle to the skirt/pants

Sew the top to the skirt/pants.

Sew the two sleeve pieces together then sew the sleeves to the sides of the skirt/pants (I will be trying a modification here of sewing the skirt side triangles to the sleeves first and then sewing the sleeve unit to the skirt. It will still be a slight set-in seam but not as much of an angle).

Sew the small triangle onto the top.

As for the pants, that narrow set in seam is a killer. I'm going to modify the pants so that they are in two pieces, seam at the crotch, so that the tiny triangle can be sewn to one leg then the other leg sewn onto the other side of the leg/triangle. That's another slight set-in seam but much better than the other way.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Banned

That is adoreable and it lloks fun to do,
Old 05-17-2009, 07:34 AM

That is so cute - would really like to have the pattern also when available. A swap would also be nice.

Gloria
Old 05-17-2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by guehlein
That is so cute - would really like to have the pattern also when available. A swap would also be nice.

Gloria
The patterns are in this thread, starting at page 2 or 3. There are 12" and 8" blocks.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

You two are sweethearts Pam and Blue Chicken. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE PATTERNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE, HERE!
so many uses for these, and so cute. you guys make a great team! :D
Old 05-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Pam, can you post how to assemble the blocks please, I mean what pieces to sew in order.

Thanks
I pieced them in order of...

Embellish first anything that will be sewn into a seam.

Sew the two side triangles to the skirt/pant legs. (see modification on sleeves)

Sew the bottom large triangle to the skirt/pants

Sew the top to the skirt/pants.

Sew the two sleeve pieces together then sew the sleeves to the sides of the skirt/pants (I will be trying a modification here of sewing the skirt side triangles to the sleeves first and then sewing the sleeve unit to the skirt. It will still be a slight set-in seam but not as much of an angle).

Sew the small triangle onto the top.

As for the pants, that narrow set in seam is a killer. I'm going to modify the pants so that they are in two pieces, seam at the crotch, so that the tiny triangle can be sewn to one leg then the other leg sewn onto the other side of the leg/triangle. That's another slight set-in seam but much better than the other way.

Thank you! :D
Old 05-17-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam

This is how I did the sides... sewing the triangles to the sleeve set, and then that unit onto the skirt piece. I found it an easy angle to deal with too, I did hand stitch it though. I'm tempted to machine it, being such a light angle, but then again, my hand stitching is good and I know I'll get a nice flat join, so might spend the extra few minutes doing that one by hand.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Wow!!!! Love both of your blocks!!!! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern with us too!!! You are both awesome :D :D :D
Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM

Oh BC, that is a very nice dress up dress by the looks of it. Your little boy one will have to be dress up too. Very nice for a holiday party look. :)